Author Topic: Missions and Campaigns  (Read 20422 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: Missions and Campaigns
can you tell me what error message?
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Mewgen1

Im sorry to interupt the flow of troubleshooting here, but...

I was trying to get Heat Em Up Season 1, but there isnt a link to it on the page that this thread links to.  Does anyone have an alternate location to get it from?

Offline 0rph3u5

@Mewgen1:
I'll will ask wheter there is an active download...

@iYre:
this error message?
Error: D:\GameZ\The Babylon Project\data\missions\A_01_soe.fs2(line 316:
Error: Required token = [$IFF:], found [$AI Behavior: Guard] .

File:\fs2_open\code\parse\parselo.cpp
Line: 606
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

I know what it is - just silly me using another build than the official release build of 3.3a - give me a day's time and I'll fix it up so you can play it (but you will have to download it again)

[EDIT] missions & links fixed - hopefully everything is fine now; reverse updating missions isn't easy
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 10:20:24 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline iYRe

Sorry for the late reply, but yes that was the error. Thanks for having another look at it =].

Also, with regards to Mewgen's post; all the links i've tried for Heat Em Up dont actually lead to a download, just the site =\.

Offline Mewgen1

Yeah, all the links ive seen do indeed lead to the site, but the only Heat em Up that I see on the site is Season 2 and there isnt a season 1 download there.  I get the feeling that the page that these link to is a bit out of date since Severed Dreams is listed as "Coming Soon" and I have it.  Unless thats a beta, but I dont think it is.

This  is about The Black Hand; the wav. files , in which folder must I put them cuz if I put al the files from the zip package in /data/missions en then try to make a vp file, it won't work.

EDIT: I think I figured it out, the wav files go into the data/voice/special folder right?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 02:13:35 pm by Don-DiZzLe »

Offline 0rph3u5

and 0RPH3U5 said:
"rise from the dark my kin"
and the thread rose

- 1st Book of Summoning Dark, chpt. 9; l. 1-3

I've taken care of the mission list again... checked everything and threw out all old and useless links; hope MAG can come around the corner with some new ones
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 07:41:18 am by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Offline 0rph3u5

==================

Offline tracker

I've tested the various missions only one work under linux

THE BLACK HAND - EPISODE I

it's normal?

FS2_OPEN 3.6.9

THE BLACK HAND - EPISODE I

it's normal?

FS2_OPEN 3.6.9
[/quote]

What you mean by FS2_OPEN 3.6.9.
Please excuse me if this is a stupid question, but im new to the TBP
We Live for the One
We DIE for the One

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
TBP is based on the FS2_Open game engine. The .exe file included in the download can be upgraded to later and (usually) better versions of the engine which (hopefully) have less bugs in it.

The most recent version which is generally available is 3.6.9.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

How can i get the game engine? Can somebody give me the link?
We Live for the One
We DIE for the One

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You can get 3.6.9 RC7x from here
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Excuse the silly question, but I really can't figure this out. Where do i extract these mission files to so I can play them? And, I assume I run them through the mission simulator in the tech room right?

Offline Redrake

Indeed, it is is silly. In the main Babylon Project folder and then you select them from tech room. :)

Offline 0rph3u5

The path should look like this:
C:\TBP\data\missions\
there you should insert single missions and custom made campaigns which consist of xxxx.fs files(missions)
and xxxx.fc file (campaign file)

You should access custom made campaigns by selecting the appropriate one from the "campaigns menu"
and then "continue" from the main menu

To fly single missions you enter "techroom" than select "mission simulator" and than choose between
current "campaign missions" and "single missions"

==================

Does anybody agree with me when I say that we should have an updated thread of the missions and campagins that everyone has created?
We Live for the One
We DIE for the One

if you guys email or pm me your campagin/missions, I'll start a updated thread of everything.
How does that sound?
We Live for the One
We DIE for the One

can I get some thoughts and or cricistism here?
We Live for the One
We DIE for the One

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Stargate you can be our agent. I send you forth into the great wide world of the internet. Go forth and find B5 fans. Bring them back here and get them to make missions. Off you go :)
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.