Author Topic: GTCv Deimos  (Read 86859 times)

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq

Started on a new Deimos, this is the top part in the front with the two multiparts. not started on the bottom half and the top have is not completed.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 04:07:08 am by Hades »
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Kolgena

Be careful not to make it as chunky as the Medusa or your cargo container. This thing has a fair bit of vasudan influence.

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
Suggestion: Please do the Argo.  Pretty please. :nervous:

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Someone made an Argo. Just that noone volunteered to map it yet or something.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Hades

THere are thee new models that I know of, Firecrack's, Oddgrim's, and Enoich's (which, last I heard, peterv was handling, will ask him about it before I start on my own argo), before the Argo there's the new Karuna I promised BP, a new ursa and new watchdog/cerberus models, but I still need to completely finish the Medusa and TTC 1 meshes before those.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
That looks quite good already.

Thanks for working on this :yes:
el hombre vicio...

Offline Hades

changed the front a little after some talk from Zacam
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Kolgena

It appears we lost a turret mount.

Offline Hades

No, they were just moved to make mirroring easier.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Kolgena

Cool.

So, what's the big hole for?

Offline Hades

To place one of the mountings for one of the turrets due to the slope on that part of the hull which makes it necessary.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Kolgena

Oh,

/petition to make a teensy bit more room for the forward beams, so that TerSlashes don't have to be so tiny to prevent clipping.

Offline Hades

Of course the beams are going to have bigger turrets, these are the ones on the front. May change them up a bit, but yeah. Used the old high-poly model so you can get an idea of how they'd connect to the hull.

The terslashes were upscaled a bit since the last screenshots, and they're probably going to stay that size :p
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Droid803

Make sure not the entire thing is actually turret though, or it'll be blown off supar-ez.
(´・ω・`)

Offline Nohiki

• Graf von Kaffeetrinken
    • Minecraft
Make sure not the entire thing is actually turret though, or it'll be blown off supar-ez.
I wouldn't be so sure about this. It would make the beams killable from side which is kinda huge change.

Otherwise this looks very good, but i thought this one is one of the least that needed and upgrade ?_?
:::ALSO PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

Offline Kolgena

Er, you just agreed with him. Maybe a fix is to only have the tip of the barrel be the turret?

It looks good. I'd shorten the tubular elements just a bit, since it kinda suggests a non-slash beam turret.

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
It's kinda too late to suggest turret be placed similar to retail position, right?

Looks great, by the way.

Offline Droid803

It's kinda too late to suggest turret be placed similar to retail position, right?

Wat, not it just started...

But yeah, watch out for the third broadside turret (counting from the front).
The current MediaVPs model has it on the "bulge", whereas in retail is on the thrid panel on the side, like the first two. It doesn't affect turret coverage in any way, though it WILL fudge with multi.
(´・ω・`)

Offline Nohiki

• Graf von Kaffeetrinken
    • Minecraft
Whoops, eyes failed me at 5 AM  :lol: Sorry
:::ALSO PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
Watch out, please do not add details or move stuff around that would break multi, please... that is, if your model gets picked up for next mvps
Signed, me