Author Topic: Looking to contribute  (Read 5626 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I really wouldn't mind seeing the Demon by way of H. R. Giger (production designer for Ridley Scott's Alien), it seems like an appropriate fit. Have you seen his design for the Batmobile? It could easily be a Shivan vehicle.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
Ahhh never seen that one! Giger is awesome.

Yeah Shivan designs lend quite a bit from Giger's work. Although I feel that modelers of Shivan HTL ships have neglected the hard edged elements of Shivan designs (the "monolith" side).
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline soresu

Interesting thought about Giger influence Galemp. I personally love Alien, and I am aware of his work on the ill fated Jodorowsky Dune too.

I'll look into his designs and confer with some fellow students about possible designs.

Interestingly the third view on the right in that Giger sketch looks strangely similar to the Cain/Lilith design!