Author Topic: HLP Threat Down (image heavy)  (Read 49820 times)

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Re: HLP Threat Down (image heavy)
Oh come now, genocide never helped anyone... except with orcs and giants. The people of [Middle] Earth are better off without them.

Now, I too fear the giant Japanese killer-mutant hornet of doom as much as anyone else, but I see the value of their existance:

(a.) The uber-hornet is the only natural foe to the giant Japanese monster-moth, which if left without its natural enemy will obviously make a point of destroying Tokyo.

(b.) If we import the killer-doom hornet, clearly it will destroy the dreaded killer-bee of the United States and Central America. It will also destroy a natural enemy of the Dutch government in the region, old people:

Soylent Green: if someone doesn't do it, the Dutch will...
No offense to any dutchmen/women here - jokes will be jokes...

(c.) The killer-monster super hornet is also a clear solution to Australia's cane toad problem. Just import the blighter and find out what happens to their eco system then...
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

^what is this i dont even
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline watsisname

At first I was like "Lol someone should remix that so it has spiders instead of cows."

And then at 1:11 I went WHAT THE
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

edit
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 11:47:04 pm by watsisname »
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
wow...that was crazy.
el hombre vicio...

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Fortunately, we've already been prepared for possible cow uprising by The Farside comics. There is something else we need to focus on though...

Gliese 581g Invasion

According to a very reputable source (the Daily Mail, which I understand is infallible from what our British brethren have to say) some flashes of light were detected coming from Gliese 581g soon after its discovery. I don't know whether these were subspace signatures, RKV launches, some kind of nuclear saber rattling, or the intergalactic equivalent of giving the finger, but it's definitely a threat, and it happened 20 years ago! This means we're way behind those dirty Gliesians.

So there are two orders of business:

1. Prepare for the invasion (of Earth :shaking:)

Really, I just wanted an excuse to quote this post I saw on 4chan (a threat in its own right) on this same topic that I liked. It's regarding the suspected response to our beaming a bunch of twitter messages to the Gliesians (actually, the first stage of our psychological warfare campaign).
don't worry they probably won't be able to decode it even if they get it. At most it'll just let them know that we're here. In 40 years if we get a few more plasma burst we'll know that yes, they are there and they do want to communicate.

either that or in 300 years we'll be invaded, but by that time our gundams will block out the sun and they'll have to fight in the shade, which they'll probably be accustomed too due to their wonky tidal locked orbit.

2. Prepare for the invasion (of Janus :pimp:)

Gliese 581g (or Janus as I like to call it, owing to the tidally-locked two-faced thing going on) is far away, and it's going to take us a while to build a fleet to get there and school their extra-terrestrial hineys. Fortunately building spaceships is what we (HLP) do best and MjnMixael recently built a subspace drive, so we've got that covered. Not to mention we have about a kajillion hours logged in space combat simulators.

Ground combat will be another story. Surface gravity there is about 1.3g, so start hitting the gym. Secondly, being tidally locked, we're going to see some extreme weather there. I propose we deploy our Finnish and other high-latitude members to the night side and our more equatorial members to the day side (myself included). We'll fight our ways towards the terminator and meet up in the middle where the weather is sweet, then celebrate our victory with rivers of Bosch Beer.

.....but until then, watch yourselves! There are still many more threats out there and we can't have any of you going and getting killed before the invasion. Stay vigilant brothers!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 01:17:59 am by redsniper »
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

*snip*
I got a "my free farm" ad with that :lol:

2. Prepare for the invasion (of Janus :pimp:)

Gliese 581g (or Janus as I like to call it, owing to the tidally-locked two-faced thing going on)
It's actually nicknamed Zarmina :P But anyway, I'm volunteering for the invasion air force.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I want in on the "tropic" space marines! :yes:
el hombre vicio...

While we're in the vicinity of youtube videos that will melt your brain, I submit:

mirrors

EDIT: Imported from the Cold War invention thread, the giant soviet Ekranoplan
Armed with nuclear cruise missiles and capable of carrying armor and infantry accross seas.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 02:29:23 am by Scourge of Ages »

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
^thats my yacht
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
well i hope it works better than their roadmap/areal photo hybrid maps lol
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Google takes another step towards omnipotent control of every aspect of your life!!
I almost feel like that wouldn't be the worst fate in the world.  We'd presumably all get giant bouncy balls in our cubicles.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Google takes another step towards omnipotent control of every aspect of your life!!
I almost feel like that wouldn't be the worst fate in the world.  We'd presumably all get giant bouncy balls in our cubicles.

Until the day Google stops suggesting what it thinks you want and instead what it thinks is best for you...
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
(the Daily Mail, which I understand is infallible from what our British brethren have to say)

I hope that's a sarcastic remark.......
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
It is my total 100% ironclad true belief. Also, Battuta is a scientologist.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
xenu xenu xenu

Offline Axem

I am resurrecting this thread to highlight a dangerous new threat.

Solar. Powered. Hornets.

Our only hope now, is to scorch the sky and live underground for centuries.

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
The only thing worse than Hornets is Hornets with Saths set as the model file instead of hornet.pof

srsly wtf

Offline watsisname

I am resurrecting this thread to highlight a dangerous new threat.

Solar. Powered. Hornets.

Our only hope now, is to scorch the sky and live underground for centuries.

DESTROY THE SUN!  :mad:
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.