Author Topic: Roscosmos Liquidated and Replaced by State Corporation  (Read 1952 times)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Roscosmos Liquidated and Replaced by State Corporation
According to the Kremlin's satement on Dec. 28 last year, Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a decree to liquidate the country’s Federal Space Agency Roscosmos, for good this time. The newly-established Roscosmos state corporation took charge today, as the space agency's responsibilities are being transferred to it.

From IBTimes.com:
The decision to liquidate the federal space agency and turn it into a state corporation was taken in January 2015. At the time, Igor Komarov, the CEO of United Rocket and Space Corporation -- a company established by Moscow in 2013 to renationalize the country’s space sector -- was appointed as the head of Roscosmos.

“The Federal Law aims to improve the management system in the space sector and maintain and develop the space and rocket industry’s scientific and production potential in the interests of strengthening Russia’s defense and ensuring national security,” the Kremlin said, in a statement released in July, after Putin signed the bill into law.

The overhaul comes at a time when the Russian space program is trying to recover from a series of major setbacks.

Earlier this month, Russia said it lost one of its defense satellites after it failed to separate from the upper stage of a three-stage Soyuz rocket. Prior to that, a Proton rocket, carrying a Mexican communications satellite, developed a malfunction just eight minutes into the flight in May. That incident itself came close on the heels of a previous failure in the Soyuz, which suffered a breakdown in the third stage after its launch on April 28.

Wow. I wish I never saw this coming. Even the Roscosmos corporation is established, will it able to save Russia's space industry, which is suffering from corruption, financial problems, as well as being strangled by Russia’s prevalent bureaucracy?

From SpaceFlightInsider:
Russian officials hope that the newly launched Roscosmos State Corporation will help overcome these difficulties.

“There will no longer be so much bureaucracy. Everything will now be part of a state corporation which will design new spacecraft and implement new projects by itself,” Rogozin said.

However, what benefits this state corporation will achieve to this kind of struggling space industry in Russia? Anti-corruption investigations, particularly from Alexei Navalny's Anti-Corruption Foundation and Vera Mysina's For An Honest Country have revealed that corruption exists not only within Roscosmos itself, but also the government and the Russian Academy of Sciences, a home for elderly, immortal, lethargic and corrupt researchers who produce little of scientific value. These corruption seems to be stemmed from Russia's organized crime, which is no doubt a state component of the Kremlin during Putin's eternal time in Russia.

EDIT: I've striked out a phrase that is not relevant to the general discussion, as what The E said.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 07:12:40 am by Bryan See »
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Roscosmos Liquidated and Replaced by State Corporation
Okay, that's quite enough of your "immortal russian scientists" crap. This is not the right place for bull**** conspiracy theories. Either stick to facts, or make it clear you're talking of fantasy, do not mingle the two.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
Okay, okay. I'm sticking to facts. I'm saying that the Russian Federal Space Agency (Roscosmos) is liquidated, and now stands in place is the newly established Roscosmos state corporation, which handles the former agency's responsibilities. As I said before, I wish I could say that I never saw this coming.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
You know what the number of the decree that did it was? According to Russian Space Web, it was 666. :) That said, I do think it might actually do some good with regards to cutting out some red tape. Whether it actually does that (and not adds another layer of red tape and corruption) remains to be seen.
Okay, that's quite enough of your "immortal russian scientists" crap. This is not the right place for bull**** conspiracy theories. Either stick to facts, or make it clear you're talking of fantasy, do not mingle the two.
Eh, he's just being bitter. You work there, Bryan See, don't you (or have to deal with that crap for some other reason)? :) That high management positions the like (including in academia) are used by people in power to stow senile, mostly useless relatives is no fantasy, as much as we'd like it to be... It's not quite as bad in Poland as in Russia, but I'm pretty sure it still happens on less reputable "universities". They're probably not immortal, but consider that quite a few of the people who taught my father during his student days are still around to teach me (the old folks I met were highly regarded scientists, but this is Jagiellonian University we're talking about. And even there, my mother could recall one lecturer who was downright senile and hardly fit for it), you may start to wonder... This "fantasy" really does sound like bitter humor I'd expect to be going around places like RAS.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
You know what the number of the decree that did it was? According to Russian Space Web, it was 666. :)
666 is the number of the beast. I know what this will do. In light of recent failures in the Russian space industry, it is the culmination of the government's attempts to reform the industry by Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin. You are right, the Roscosmos corporation will try to solve these problems that plaguing its industry. Remember, Rosatom, which is created in 2007, proved to be a successful nuclear exporter?

As I stated here before, I'm sticking to facts.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Aesaar

666 is the number of the beast.
  666 is the number that comes after 665 and before 667.  Anything else is superstition, not fact.

666 is the number of the beast.
  666 is the number that comes after 665 and before 667.  Anything else is superstition, not fact.

The number of the beast is actually 616, and a codename for Emporor Augustus (Ya know, the Roman).

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I'm really disappointed with you guys. There are so many jokes about Russian space industry going to hell (and/or back), hell freezing over, Putin killing all the Jedi (or was that Order 66?) and/or all the above to be made, and you're arguing theology instead. :) I suppose it's pretty funny on it's own, but come on!
666 is the number of the beast. I know what this will do. In light of recent failures in the Russian space industry, it is the culmination of the government's attempts to reform the industry by Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin. You are right, the Roscosmos corporation will try to solve these problems that plaguing its industry. Remember, Rosatom, which is created in 2007, proved to be a successful nuclear exporter?
I hope that Roscosmos will enjoy a similar success. I suppose they can now tell some of the worse thieves bureaucrats to go to hell, so we may see the situation improve.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
And Alexei Navalny and Vera Mysina keep on exposing these thieves, telling them to go to hell, Dragon. Faith manages, always.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template