Author Topic: Political Discussion On HLP  (Read 8645 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Political Discussion On HLP
Well, let's see what Bobb's reaction to that is.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
I'll accept the judgement
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Mika

I don't read the Announcements thread, so the proposed changes of the political discussion were a big surprise to me. It's just that I only now have time to reply even here. I've been on a one-week spree in China doing business visits and sleeping very little, so this can be somewhat incoherent.

Yes, the political discussion part of the General Discussion was in the need of moderation. But changing it out to an invisible sub-forum would basically mean I'll omit the board entirely and visit HLP considerably less. Were this to go on, I'd probably omit General Discussion entirely, and would switch over to the Gaming and either writing playthroughs or following them.

I support MP-Ryan's view entirely. My personal thought of the issue in political discussion is that different cultures (and different ages) expect things to be told in a different way. I'm somewhat aware of the differences, but the interpretation requires some background knowledge which is typically not available in the internet discussions.

Plane to catch, gotta go once again
Relaxed movement is always more effective than forced movement.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Okay, I've made the political discussions board visible to all and made MP-Ryan a global mod.

I'll see about moving it to a child board in a few days once people have seen it where it currently is. Part of the reason for doing this is to get people who usually wouldn't to start going back to gen dis.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Okay, I've made the political discussions board visible to all and made MP-Ryan a global mod.

I wondered why site support got bigger.

Sorry, I haven't checked in much these last couple days because this cold is kicking my ass and its questionable how much my brain is functioning.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 12:29:41 pm by MP-Ryan »
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]