Author Topic: CRISIS OPERATIONS CENTER  (Read 45210 times)

Re: CRISIS OPERATIONS CENTER
I'm pretty sure that RED TEAM, in this context, is referring to GTVA-commandeered Shivan assets along the same lines as the Fedayeen's CASSANDRA.

But you may be onto something about the SADABA YEAR referring to the entire 14th Battlegroup as a whole.  I hadn't considered that.  The context fits.  Jumps between manifolds.  Multiple jumps within another manifold.  Asset and personnel losses (because they were attacked by Shivans).

Did the Duke defect along with Bei at the end of AoA?  Trying to go by memory here.  If ANY ship would have had clues on it that would seriously spook the GTVA, that would be the one.
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
I'm pretty sure that RED TEAM, in this context, is referring to GTVA-commandeered Shivan assets along the same lines as the Fedayeen's CASSANDRA.
The term for that is "Red Asset"; based on context (e.g. "REDTEAM counteranalysis", "Redteam me on this"), REDTEAM seems pretty clearly to be the typical definition thereof.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Aesaar

Did the Duke defect along with Bei at the end of AoA?  Trying to go by memory here.  If ANY ship would have had clues on it that would seriously spook the GTVA, that would be the one.
Duke, Labouchere, and Solace are the defector ships.

Offline Nissan

The term for that is "Red Asset"; based on context (e.g. "REDTEAM counteranalysis", "Redteam me on this"), REDTEAM seems pretty clearly to be the typical definition thereof.

I think this is right. Outside of the military context (which seems to be focused more on independent alternate analyses, hence "REDTEAM counteranalysis"), JPL holds red team reviews for its flight projects where the reviewers' job is to attack the project team on every little detail and ambiguity. That seems to be what COLDMORN is asking for by saying "Redteam me on this."

One unrelated question: CABLE MAKER and the CABLE STAMP crew were mentioned several times in the initial batch of leaks. Who or what are they?
"Uh, yeah, I mean it's tough to say, woulda-coulda-shoulda, ifs and buts like candy and nuts, you know, you never know.  This, that, and the other thing.  Who knows?  You know, there are a lot of what-ifs.  You know, my whole life is a lot of what-ifs."
- San Antonio Spurs F Matt Bonner

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Well making cable is a metaphor for taking a poo. SOOOOOO.....
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Damage

• I'm a Major.
I've been meaning to post this for a few days now, so here it is.  I'm not taking sides between GRANITE HUNTER and truth, but I do want to at least make sure I've got everything straight so anybody correct me on it, or provide alternate interpretations.  These are in no particular order (mostly alphabetical) and unless otherwise specified, no gender is implied.

BALCONY VIEW -- High-level former GTVI/SOC officer.  Active before the 2nd Incursion, B.V. apparently retired sometime after Capella.

Blackbird Village -- SOC facility somewhere in Beta Aquilae, partly used as a debriefing/interrogation center

BLACK DOVE -- LtCdr Snipes, SOC officer

COLDMORN -- Balcony View's successor, and inheritor of BV's assets and operations.  COLDMORN directly ordered Fleet assets to allow the Iceni to pass.

Complicated Place -- The "V" half of the GTVA.

CELTIC TRIPLE -- Admiral Bosch, last seen somewhere in the nebula beyond Gamma Draconis

CABLE STAMP -- Unknown high-level person within the GTVA.  Apparently close friends with Admiral Petrarch, a strong advocate for returning to Earth.

CABLE MAKER -- Unknown high-level person within the GTVA,

CHARIOT DRIVER -- Admiral Ahmose, who knowingly endangered an SOC operation to uncover information about ETAK.

FRIENDLY ANCHORITE -- An agent within the UEF, leaked useful information to the GTVA--probably Elder Henriksson

GRANITE MOUNTAIN -- SOC operational group, responsible for Snipes' operations.

HESTIA -- Sol Theatre of operations

METIS -- Unspecified operational plan, possibly deals with reintegrating Sol into the GTVA

MORPHEUS -- GTVA's contingency plan for dealing with Threat Two (Vishnan) interference

NEMESIS -- Fleet Tasking for defending against a Shivan incursion

NEMESIS NOW-- Group tasked with understanding the Shivans

Red Asset -- Possibly a GTVA/SOC equivalent to the CASSANDRA mainframe used by the Fedayeen.  (Just as probably a large computer farm somewhere in Beta Aquilae

SADABA YEAR -- 14th Battlegroup.  (Alternate interpretation:  Sync drive research?)

SMOKEJUMP -- Recon-in-Force mission planned by Village People for a run into N362 (and then through the Knossos in that system, if possible.)

SPARROW MAW -- SOC Asset on board the Colossus, probably responsible for sabotaging said vessel during the Iceni's transit.

VILLAGE PEOPLE -- Person or persons stationed at Blackbird Village, currently concerned with Treat Two (Vishnan) analysis and countermeasures

WIZARD MAN -- SOC agent, possibly "Captain White"
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Those are all the code names I could pull from, as you can see several do not have true identities yet.  I have a notion that Cable Maker or Cable Stamp is somehow a politician, as opposed to a military officer (like President Toqueville, for example.  Nothing to support that, just the immediate gut feeling.

I agree with Admiral Ralwood regarding SADABA YEAR.  It fits better than my first take on the idea, that it was somehow a scientific project that went wrong.  I still like that notion though, and it still feels plausible with notions like the Sync drive.

For anyone who's interested, Captain White investigated the Vassago Incident.  That's probably not his real name.
I didn't feel like putting anything here.  Then I did it anyway just to be contrary.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Cable maker and stamp could be dictators of policy,  general assembly etc.  Cable being comms etc. Stamp could be executors of said policy -  admiralty etc?
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
Interestingly, BLACK DOVE and GRANITE MOUNTAIN are canon:

These are some juicy scary documents, but what really gets me are the stream-of-consciousness headers and footers. They seem too deliberate to be just random words... but maybe the point is to give the illusion of deliberate sentences... but maybe there's deep cryptic **** hidden in them arrrgh.

I mean, "to will on earth the salvation of their own instruments and they play you well. to will is to dissent???" "the man who believes that decision exists will effect a way to dictate properly"!!

It was suggested way back when the RCT document was leaked that the headers are being injected as part of Federation Nagari-assisted intercept procedures, though the fact that they're inside the message body isn't ideal for that theory.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I thought the header/footers were standard crypto security padding?
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

The GVCv Sopedu was assigned to provide TAG support, but the ship's commander, a veteran of both flight and warship engagements, experienced an episode of intrusive ideation. The GVCv Thutmose was hastily reassigned to the engagement.

This, incidentally, is a reference to an in-game inconsistency between the briefing for Speaking in Tongues and the actual mission. It's also a nice little glimpse into the broader Nagari environment in its own right.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

I thought the header/footers were standard crypto security padding?

Oh, I didn't know about that. It's a very good explanation (though even modern crypto is well past the point where it would actually be useful...).

Offline Damage

• I'm a Major.
I thought it might be something like that, though I thought it might be something more like the "canary trap."  (i.e. certain versions of the text have specific words changed to reveal sources.  The words themselves are interchangeable, but they allow Counter-Intel types to backtrack sources for leaks. 
I didn't feel like putting anything here.  Then I did it anyway just to be contrary.

HEADER BEGINS
Hello relay2!
Hello truth!
Are you feeling discreet?
We are very discreet!
HEADER ENDS

and power was given unto them over the children of the earth, to speak falsely of home, to speak falsely of war, to speak falsely of friends, and of enemies, and of the shapes in the dark

behold a pale kingdom, in a hidden place!

power given unto them over the children of the earth = elders and ubuntu given control over sol by vishnans

shapes in the dark = any one of the three entities ; Vishnans, Shivans, or Great Darkness

pale kingdom in a hidden place = totally Shambala. Could the Laniakea Supercluster object be Shambala?
What is an "old nazi plate"?

One puts food on it then goebbels it up.

99% sure that passage is about the ntf, not the uef

rip lore

That's what happens if you expect Granite Hunter to deliver, I guess

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
granite hunter more like an actual bag of granite

op is a bag of granite

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Golf Hotel.

Hugs.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.