Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 844267 times)

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
If that's not dedication, I don't know what could it be.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
jesus this is still going
You've been here before I see, before I came to HLP.

Holy ****, Inferno is still alive :O

That fighter looks neat, but the red "streaks" are kinda blurry.
This post was your last post before the above one, 3 years later. :)

And again:

Good to see INF is still alive. I'd love to play INFA, but this comp is teh suxxorz.
6 years ago. Perhaps your death will occur before Inferno's death at this rate... Inferno supposedly will soon release a remake, with a further project toward that end planned after the upcoming release. I'm sure they can explain it better than I can, I've mainly stayed away from this board, intending to play this remake spoiler-free when it arrives, as I have not played the original which it seems intended to replace.

Lorric, you were warned in the past about contentless stream-of-consciousness posting. You have been pretty good about it the past few months, do not backslide now.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Lorric

contentless
I'm calling foul on this. The rest was supposed to be amusing, there is nothing wrong with humour. But even if you disregard that, this:

Inferno supposedly will soon release a remake, with a further project toward that end planned after the upcoming release. I'm sure they can explain it better than I can, I've mainly stayed away from this board, intending to play this remake spoiler-free when it arrives, as I have not played the original which it seems intended to replace.
Is not contentless.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Take it to PMs. Feel free to talk to me if The_E is busy.

Offline Lorric

Take it to PMs. Feel free to talk to me if The_E is busy.
Is this happening because of you?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
PMs.

Offline mr.WHO

Hi Guys.
Small questions - since there are some number of people with "Inferno tag" in this topic:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=86261.20

Is there a remote chance that this model could be in Inferno? Probably not, but knowing the Infernos history maybe this would be finished long before the Inferno release :)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
No, we removed even our own heavy carrier in Inferno and placed the Hecate instead of, but don't worry. Hera has her deserved place in some other projects :).
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
So the hecate is now in inferno,  is it the stock fs2 hecate or has it been upgunned and given bit more armour to its turrets? Also how many fs2 era ships are now in the inferno timeline? Just curious as I always loved the design of the hecate just a shame it sucked so much as a warship esp as its main beams could be knocked out soooo easily. But a great design.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Well... Minor improvements. She is not much stronger than retail Hecate. I'm not sure if she is stronger at all. Number of turrets is the same. Hecate perform carrier tasks, so she doesn't need lots of heavy cannons. Along with Hecate, You will see some Aeoluses and Deimoses. As for Vasudans, only Hatshepsut remained from Capella-era capships.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Also how many fs2 era ships are now in the inferno timeline?
For general capships:
Aeolus
Deimos
Hecate
Mentu
Sobek
Hatshepsut
Lilith
Rakshasa
Moloch
Ravana
Lucifer
Sathanas

Hecates are fleet command vessels, you won't see them on the front lines much and will see the Icelus and Boreas instead.

Offline Lorric

The Cain has been put out to pasture?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
We have plenty of cruisers so it wasn't really needed.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Aeolus? What happened to the Alcyone?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline mr.WHO

Wasn't Alcyone basically an Aeolus upgrade? Maybe they decided to use high poly Aeolus instead wasting time on modeling Alcyone?

I'm rather suprised with Mentu - crappy cruiser, unless it gets a serious flak and turret coverage upgrade.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Well... Sobek. I forgot about it. Yeah, Sobek will appear as well. As for Cain, We have 3 cruisers, that's are enough. [H]alcyone will apper along with Aeolus. I think we there are some screenshots in this thread. Halcyone is a HTL fusion of c914's Morana and classic Aeolus, with medium beam and pair of heavy secondary cannons.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Wasn't Alcyone basically an Aeolus upgrade? Maybe they decided to use high poly Aeolus instead wasting time on modeling Alcyone?

I'm rather suprised with Mentu - crappy cruiser, unless it gets a serious flak and turret coverage upgrade.
Alcyone replaced with the Halcyone, Mentu has an extra forward facing beam turret.

[About Sol Gate] (One thing I've always liked about that design is just how huge and bulky it is...I feel like the GTVA trying to reverse-engineer a Knossos would probably produce something that needed a crap-load of power/equipment to run.)
That was the general idea when I designed it. I didn't think a reverse engineer should be as 'efficient' as the original Ancients design. Also I wanted the station to act as a defense and commercial hub for Delta Serpentis and Sol

+1000

This is why I've always disliked the Blue Planet Sol Gate. It's basically a Knossos with a Terran skin, but I find it unrealistic that the GTVA on their first try could construct something which was at the same advanced level of the Ancients. I've always loved how the Inferno Sol Gate looks so bulky compared to the sleek, compact Ancient Knossos.

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
+1000

This is why I've always disliked the Blue Planet Sol Gate. It's basically a Knossos with a Terran skin, but I find it unrealistic that the GTVA on their first try could construct something which was at the same advanced level of the Ancients. I've always loved how the Inferno Sol Gate looks so bulky compared to the sleek, compact Ancient Knossos.

But it's also the most overpowered son of a ***** in the history of Sol Gates.
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>
  /  \ All the Single Ladies

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Who is to say that it cannot be as small as BP? Just because the Ancient gate had this weird aesthetic going on does not make it advanced.