Author Topic: WoD on TVTropes  (Read 10046 times)

Ta-da! :D

Now, do your thing, Wiki Magic!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 06:09:25 am by Spoon »
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Needs more links, but it's a start :yes:
el hombre vicio...

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Ta-da! :D

Now, do your thing, Wiki Magic!

Don't mind the edit spree by Night, I'm sure it's nothing... :P
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Well, that's what's supposed to happen. :nod:

I'll add to it too, of course, when I remember other tropes that were used.

EDIT: Ok, that's enough adds by me. I may tweak some phrasing and correct some markup errors here and there, but it's time to let someone else add some tropes. I (and Night) can't build this thing alone!

What I think would be pretty cool is a list of Shout Outs under that entry. There's enough that it may even warrant a folder. I know I didn't catch all the Shout Outs present, so I'd definitely need help compiling that.

And naturally, if I screwed up somewhere, please correct it! I wrote part of that page really late at night, so it's definitely possible. :)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 02:58:17 pm by Dark Hunter »
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I appreciate the amount of effort you guys put into this.  :nod:
It's amusing for me to see how many tropes I apparently caught during development  :lol:
Urutorahappī!!

Ok, I started a Shout Out list. Listed the ones I could remember off the top of my head. Please help by filling in any others you can think of, because I know that is not a complete list.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
The list is growing but it is still missing a few shout outs
For example the decal on the Ray I is the king of hearts from G Gundam and the decal on the Hazel is from the Advance of Zeta test team.
etc.
Urutorahappī!!

With all the Star Control shout outs, I have to wonder... what would happen if one spoke The Words to the Hertak? Anything?  :p

Anyway, I've filled in all the Shout Outs I actually know (except I think there's a Mazinger reference Misuzu makes somewhere that I can't find now), so the rest will have to be done by other people.

Namely, those of you reading this topic. ;)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
With all the Star Control shout outs, I have to wonder... what would happen if one spoke The Words to the Hertak? Anything?  :p
Maybe Nordera would listen to him.  :)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
So I was reading the trope page yesterday for my own devilish amusement and came across this line under the shout outs:
"Though we only see his back, artwork of Justice looks suspiciously like Gene Starwind. He shares Gene's fascination for space and spaceships, and he also shares a last name (Hawking) with Gene's partner Jim."
I just like to point out that I haven't actually seen Outlaw star (yet) and thus this is not an intentional reference/shout out on my part  :p
Urutorahappī!!

Coincidence is a funny thing, no?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Creepy.

Offline Quanto

• Permanent Nostalgia Goggles
Dude, Spoon, you haven't seen outlaw star?! I am disappoint.
00:41:58 <DarthGeek>: I might do it, I need to build a reputation of someone who doesn't suffer fools
(DarthGeek on: "Relentless")

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Yeah it's a good anime.

You're going to make Misuzu cry, Spoon.  See Outlaw Star now.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline CaptJosh

Outlaw Star was pretty good until that bit with the Galactic Ley Lines and, possibly the only character ever that could make me irritated with catgirls, Aisha Clan Clan.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

So yeah, there's a character page now.

Pictures will be added later. I plan on stealing them from the Ask a Crewmember thread.  :p

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
fans decided she looked like a "Wynter", so...
:confused:
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

fans decided she looked like a "Wynter", so...
:confused:

Unless I misread the "Ask a Crewmember" thread, it was not Spoon who first suggested the name Wynter, but someone else, and she later said that yes, her name was Wynter.

If I'm wrong, I will change it.