Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next >
Gaming Discussion / Re: What are you playing right now?
« Last post by Rhys on August 17, 2017, 01:05:14 am »
Just finished Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. If you haven't heard of it, it's a relatively short, modestly priced ($30 USD) hack and slash/puzzle game with a central theme of mental illness. A lot of games have tried to depict what psychosis is like and none of them have gotten anywhere close to what these developers have managed to pull off. They actually worked with various psychiatrists and people suffering from mental illness to make the experience as authentic as possible, and speaking as someone who's experienced some mild psychosis before, they really nailed what it's like at times. They make use of binaural ASMR-like audio to give you the impression that there are voices right beside you as you play (wear headphones!). They rarely stop talking and will constantly command you, comment on, question, and criticize your actions. It was so surreal. I had to put the game down a few times because it got a bit overwhelming, but the story kept bringing me back.

Without spoiling too much, you play as this Pict warrior woman who's on a psychotic quest to venture into Viking hell to rescue her lover's soul. The combat is pretty basic, and nothing to really rave about, and there's a bit of backtracking required when solving puzzles that I found a bit tedious at times. Other than that, it's fantastic. It's one of the best looking games I've played so far, and the soundtrack is awesome. I really can't stop gushing about this game. It really kind of connected with me on a personal level to an extent. Very few games have been able to do that. That's what I got from it, anyway. I'm sure others will have a different view of it. Just my two cents.
FreeSpace Discussion / Re: How to keep up with new builds, ships and effects?
« Last post by Goober5000 on August 17, 2017, 12:24:19 am »
The Asset Releases subforum is a good place to look.  The Apollo thread is the fifth one on the first page, currently.  The FreeSpace Upgrade forum is a good place to track works-in-progress.

The wiki is also a good place to look.  Here is a massive page filled with community-created ships.
FS2 Open Coding - The Source Code Project (SCP) / Re: Messages.tbl Query
« Last post by karajorma on August 16, 2017, 11:37:31 pm »
10% IIRC is what you need to be credited with a kill. So for that reason a wingman must also do that much damage to take credit.

You can hear the praise builtins in Diaspora. Listen for Turbo's "I just had to remind you who's the best pilot in the fleet!" for an example.
FreeSpace Conversion / Re: [RELEASE] FreeSpace Port Mission Upgrade Pack
« Last post by Goober5000 on August 16, 2017, 11:06:53 pm »
Cool. :)
« Last post by AdmiralRalwood on August 16, 2017, 09:22:40 pm »
"High Praise" additionally requires that whatever wingman is randomly selected to praise the player have >50% hull.
Would it be too much to ask for links? I can't find the Apollo thread using the search engine for some reason. Sometimes stuff gets buried.
« Last post by Admiral Nelson on August 16, 2017, 08:47:45 pm »
OK, that makes sense.  I can get it to trigger as expected now.  Thank you!
Wings of Dawn / Re: A WoD dev blog
« Last post by Axem on August 16, 2017, 06:18:52 pm »
That is quite doable and thus, I have added to my to-do list.
The Modding Workshop / Re: [Request] Turreted version of MVPs Nahema
« Last post by Goober5000 on August 16, 2017, 06:14:52 pm »
Looks great, thanks. :)
Site Support / Feedback / Re: Wiki Account Request
« Last post by Goober5000 on August 16, 2017, 05:48:41 pm »
PM sent.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next >