Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next >
Doing some digging by code/documentation reading.

wxL itself never manually sets the GUID to zero (that is, a long string of zeroes). It sets the GUID to an empty string on error, which will cause FSO to ignore the GUID entirely AFAICT.

AFAICT the only case where the GUID gets set to 0 is in SDL itself, from the SDL wiki page:

Return Value

Returns the GUID of the given joystick. If called on an invalid index, this function returns a zero GUID; call
SDL_GetError() for more information.

Therefore wxL may be specifying the wrong index when getting the joystick GUID for XInput devices? That's one thought. I need to compare more carefully to the FSO SDL joystick code. That's what I have so far.
Gaming Discussion / Re: Refurbished Win98 PC
« Last post by Cobra on May 26, 2017, 12:16:15 am »
Dude.

Build me one.

Take me back to gaming paradise.
Gaming Discussion / Re: Factorio- Automate ALL the Things!
« Last post by Cobra on May 26, 2017, 12:07:34 am »
I've had Factorio for a long time now but I haven't played it for a while. Mostly because I can't seem to wrap my head around proper automation.
General Discussion / Re: Star Wars 40th Anniversary
« Last post by karajorma on May 25, 2017, 11:24:08 pm »
As you know, SW is one of the franchises FoTG is based on.

I didn't know as I've never heard of this film. I'll go watch the first film right now.

EDIT: OMG! Why did you make me watch that rubbish!
Switching to Qt for cross-platform FRED (QFRED?) gets a :yes: from me.

Is there any advantage to writing the front end using HTML/CSS/JS like Knossos does? Or would it be better to use Qt Designer?
« Last post by z64555 on May 25, 2017, 10:56:06 pm »
I may not be much of a mod anymore, but I can still fix that.

Also I came to an epiphany today.  I don't need to build more production facilities to keep up with my resources, I should instead throttle back my production to more efficiently utilize the production facilities I have so things don't get backed up.

Signal wires are SO SO SO SO good for that. You can place a signal wire on chests and most of the logistical machines and control them with some simple logic as well as monitor their contents.
The Modding Workshop / Re: Help please!
« Last post by crazycanuck on May 25, 2017, 10:26:18 pm »
The default Saga weapon indicator on the right side of the screen. The new indicator might work with some tweaking. My goal is to make it closer to the original Wing Commander gauge. If I could at least change the dots representing the guns to images of the guns that would be great.
« Last post by Scotty on May 25, 2017, 09:45:34 pm »
I may not be much of a mod anymore, but I can still fix that.

Also I came to an epiphany today.  I don't need to build more production facilities to keep up with my resources, I should instead throttle back my production to more efficiently utilize the production facilities I have so things don't get backed up.
The Modding Workshop / Re: Help please!
« Last post by Admiral Nelson on May 25, 2017, 08:36:52 pm »
Well, what exactly are you missing?  This is what I have with WCS Open.

The FRED Workshop / Re: Red-alert -> Gamma destroyed at start
« Last post by bomb3rman on May 25, 2017, 05:00:15 pm »
Excellent, I thought about something like this with the custom wings. Now it's working perfectly, thanks for this!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next >