Author Topic: Public diplomacy  (Read 13626 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
This thread is for Ministers only. Conduct your visible-to-everyone diplomacy in here.

Backroom deals are absolutely allowed, but won't be officially recognized on the map unless they are confirmed in here. So if two factions end up agreeing on a deal behind closed doors, please make a post in this thread to confirm it and to make it offical (by both parties).

Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
People of Terran space, my fellow Ministers in foreign cabinets, and even the... uniquely assertive Cyrvans, hear this proclamation by the authority of Her Majesty!

Her Majesty wishes only peace, and would mourn to see Terrans spilling Terrans' blood. To that end, Britannia and the CRF will wage no unprovoked wars of aggression. But be warned, any violation of our sovereign rights will be met with lethal force by our mighty Fleet (and, we hope, any Nation which values law and sovereignty.)

Britannia proposes a universal TRUCE, to end this tragic period of Cold War between our factions. Any Signatory to this Universal Truce would swear not to take up arms against fellow Signatories, except in case of breach of Truce. Surely, it is in all our interests to seek peace, and in no nation's honorable and reasonable interest to ignore such a plea?

I hope my arrangements with you all will be cordial and professional.

Yours in Honor and Nobility,
Britannian Foreign Minster Lepanto
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
The right honoured Brittanian Minister truly has waxed lyrical about the benefits of peace and the sovereign rights of each nation.

It is true that the Delest are eager to seek peace - and we have no interest in violating the CRF's (or any other faction's) sovereign territory. Historically, however, the CRF has no extended us the same courtesy. Have we not been pressured to abandon the cornerstones of our society, because they do not fit the CRF's wide-eyed ideals of honour and nobility? Has our population not been accused of being 'sub-human, in-vitro abominations' by the nobles of her Royal Majesty's court? Have not CRF admirals tested our borders, in vain attemtps to 'liberate' the very people who threw them back?

Is that not a blatant attempt to directly influence the internal policies of a sovereign nation? Has not the CRF done what the right honoured Brittanian Minister is decrying?

We do not oppose a universal truce; but we mistrust the faction who proposes it. We fear that, under the guise of peace, the CRF seeks to impose its own (admirable, yet misguided) ideals of nobility to all - and we will not be signatory to such an accord if we are not given guarantees that we will be allowed to safeguard the interests of our citizens and our traditions.

Note that we are more than willing to extend a friendly hand to both other factions; they have shown us the respect the CRF has denied us in the past.

-Fleet Adm. Ivan Kalazonitov (Rtd.)
DD Premier
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Greetings to the Sol Union and the Galaxy.
As Minister of Interstellar affairs for the Sol Union it is my great pleasure to announce that after a period of negotiation, discussion and analysis the Sol Union and Delest Dynasty have formalised an agreement for non aggression.

Given the proximity of Sol and Ihefulian a carefully considered treaty is considered essential by both the civilian government and military strategists, so to have this in place is cause for much relief for us all.  That does not mean that we can let our guard down for many threats remain at large but be assured that myself, my department and the military are working hard together to ensure that our hard won democracy is both safe and prosperous.

I thank you all for attending this announcement and wish you a good day.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Enioch

Greetings to all,

I wish to confirm the announcement made by my counterpart in the Sol Union. Our treaty of non-aggression was the result of much discussion and deliberation on both sides and expresses the profound respect both parties hold for each other. We wish our people to know that our diplomatic corps and our valiant military are working hard to make this galactic sector a safe place for everyone and it is our greatest pleasure to see that our goals are shared by others. With the Ihefulia / Sol borders secured, the chance arises for trade, exploration and cultural exchange, which we hope will lead to exciting new opportunities for all involved. The Cosmos is no less a dangerous place, but we leave our mark on it as best we can, and strive on.

The Delest Dynasty is delighted to reestablish contact with the cradle of humanity and we are looking forward to the days ahead.

Thank you all for attending and for your attention. Please feel free to attend the reception, and ask our diplomats any questions you might have. A further press conference, for more details is arranged for tomorrow, at 11am.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Sol Union and Delest Dynasty have entered into a non-aggression pact. (Turn 0)
Duration: undefined/indefinite
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
The news of an SF-DD non-aggression pact is a positive step towards international peace. We of Britannia salute this newfound bond of unity, and wish to follow in their example.

To that extent, in Her Majesty Queen Amalia's name, we propose a similar NON-AGGRESSION PACT to all three other states.

To Premier Kalazonitov of the Delest Dynasty,

We admit the historical bad blood between our people and the Delest Dynasty, and will not apologize for our moral values. Still, we will promote our values peacefully, and will never wage war on a sovereign state to enforce them. Premier Kalazonitov, the overzealous Admirals whom you cite have all been appropriately censured for their actions. Certainly, closer Britannian-Delest relations would minimize the incidents of which you speak, and give Her Majesty's government the opportunity to prove its good faith.

Let us put our mutual mistrust behind us. As we are completely confident in your stated commitment towards universal peace, we trust you have no reason to deny this reasonable proposal.

To Minister Headdie of the Sol Union,

Congratulations on mending fences with the Delest Dynasty, and on securing your borders. Britannia wishes to join you both at the table of brotherhood.

To Droid803 of the United Guilds of Commerce,

Surely universal peace is in your best interest, as open borders mean open markets. Plus, to be frank, our nations have no reason to even consider war; come war, you would never collect the longstanding debts owed you by the Crown!

It is our most sincere certainty that the Delest/Sol treaty is an admirable first step in a wider-ranging peace between our four nations, a peace which Her Majesty wishes to partake in. Not to mention the economic benefits we would all accrue from more open borders. Surely, if we all want to repair the current tragic mistrust between our nations, then we should all seek further NON-AGGRESSION PACTS?

"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Greetings fellow ministers,

I would like to echo the general sentiment of non-aggression in core systems being in our mutual best interests. If you find the ideal of a complete non-aggression pact unpalatable, may I move to suggest that perhaps disputes be carried out in whichever way you see fit in the currently-neutral Aldebaran system as an alternative?

In any matter, I would like to express my acceptance towards the NON-AGGRESSION PACT as proposed by Britannian Foreign Minister Lepanto, and seek to publicize and formalize the similar such agreement with Sol Union Minister headdie as discussed in private.

The UGC extends such sentiments and offers on NON-AGGRESSION to the Delest as well, should Premier Kalazonitov wish to pursue it.

Praise Profit,
Droid803
Minister, UGC.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Minister Droid803 of the UGC, People of the Sol Union, Citizens of the galaxy

It gives me great pleasure to affirm the Sol Union's commitment to the Treaty of nonaggression with the UGC as outlined in our communications which in summary Require non aggression within each other's core systems with exemption to the Aldebaran system where armed conflict is still permitted unless overridden by a follow up treaty

Regards
Headdie
Minister of Interstellar Affairs
Sol Union
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
To Droid803 of the United Guilds of Commerce,

We are pleased to conclude this NON-AGGRESSION PACT with your nation, and congratulate you on your similar PACT with the Sol Union.

To All Terran Citizens,

Hopefully the recent non-aggression pacts between our four nations have allayed some of your cynicism regarding possible war. Honor and nobility are more than mere buzzwords, even at the state diplomatic level.

We and the SF are busy formalizing a treaty of our own. If the Delest Dynasty but accepts the non-aggression pacts offered by us and the UGC, then we will have brought the era of cold war to an end.

We have our own proposals regarding the status of Aldebaran, which should be agreeable to all parties, which we will reveal once they become politically feasible.

Offline Enioch

The Dynasty is willing to entertain the idea that the CRF actually mean what they are saying this time around.

We suggest a formalised truce, to take effect immediately, for a time period of [2 strategic turns]. Provided no incursions of our sovereign territory take place during that time and provided the stance of the CRF remains favourable toward the Dynasty, we will begin negotiations for an official non-aggression pact.

Fleet Adm. Kalazonitov,
-DD Premier

OOC: Yay, universal peace from turn 1. Surely nothing will mess this up and the four factions will enter a golden age of peace and prosperity, which will render Spoon's fleet combat system completely useless.  :p :lol:

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
To Premier Kalazonitov of the Delest Dynasty,

We accept your gracious offer of a TRUCE. Despite our admitted differences, we will renounce armed conflict as a means of solving them.

Offline Enioch

To the right honored Foreign Minister for the CRF,

Thank you for accepting our offer. As tentative as it may be, we hope this is a step forward toward lasting peace in our time.

-Kalazonitov

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
So let's see if I got this right (For all the ones that actually got confirmed from both sides)

Sol Union and the United Guilds of Commerce have entered into a non-aggression pact. (Turn 0)

New Britannia and the United Guilds of Commerce have entered into a non-aggression pact. (Turn 0)

New Britannia and Sol Union have entered into a non-aggression pact. (Turn 0)

New Britannia and Delest Dynasty have entered into a Truce. (Turn 0)
Duration: 2 Turns (Ends on Intrique 3)

Urutorahappī!!

Offline Lorric

You missed Sol and the DD's non-aggression pact.

Offline Enioch

There's a post further up with that.

On another note, the DD and UGC have entered a non-aggression pact, similar to the SF/DD one. Consider this confirmation from the DD side; Droid can confirm at his leisure.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ

On another note, the DD and UGC have entered a non-aggression pact, similar to the SF/DD one. Consider this confirmation from the DD side; Droid can confirm at his leisure.
Droid offered, and you confirmed it just now. So to make it official:

Delest Dynasty and the United Guilds of Commerce have entered into a non-aggression pact. (Turn 0)
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Lorric

Ah.

Sorry about that Spoon, I thought you were wanting to list them all out, but I get it now.

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
To all our fellow Terrans,

We are proud to announce a defensive MILITARY ALLIANCE with Sol. Our two nations stand together for the rule of law, and for a universal peace with honor. Hopefully, this treaty will be a first step in international military cooperation, and we formally invite the Delest Dynasty and United Guilds of Commerce to join this arrangement (with all parties' approval.)

--------------------------

WAR OBLIGATIONS

If one Party's sovereign territory (not counting Aldebaran or conquered territory) is threatened (i.e. deliberate diplomatic provocation and/or the deployment of multiple Fleets at a Starlance leading to the threatened Party's sovereign territory), the other Party is requested to:

Make a public statement of support for the threatened party, and/or mobilize one or more of their own Fleets to the border of the threatening faction at best possible speed.

Due to the inevitable vagueness of this clause, and the delicacy involved in handling such diplomatic crises, each Party can interpret it how they wish.

If one Party's sovereign territory is attacked, the other Party is obligated to:

Immediately declare war on the attacker, and mobilize at least one Fleet to reinforce the other Party's forces or attack the attacking faction. Unless already engaged in war, the other Party must immediately deploy whatever forces they have on hand, unless they have less than two combat-ready Fleets to commit to battle. (Once said Party has two combat-ready Fleets, they must rush to their ally's defence.)

If one Party invades another faction's sovereign space, or fights another faction over Aldebaran:

The other Party only need only join the war effort if they believe it justified. Refusing aid in this circumstance would not violate the Treaty. This is mainly a defensive alliance, and Britannia will not join in unprovoked aggression, nor would she ask the Sol Union to.

OCCUPIED TERRITORIES

We will respect each other's conquests, and mutually negotiate any peace treaties with enemies of our alliance, with two public exceptions.

If either Party should liberate a core system of the other Party from a mutual enemy, then the system goes back to its original owner.

We aim to avoid armed conflict with Sol (or any other nation) over Aldebaran. But out of respect for Sol's other security arrangements, the terms of this treaty do not apply to Aldebaran, and occupation of Aldebaran will be negotiated on an ad hoc basis.

TREATY VIOLATIONS

If either Party should attack one another's fleets or sovereign territory, the treaty is void, and both parties revert to a state of COLD WAR or WAR.

If either Party does not respond with military force when the other Party's sovereign territory is attacked, the treaty is void, and both parties revert to the current NON-AGGRESSION PACT.

OTHER

Both Parties are encouraged to share resources and technology as needed, if a war threatens or breaks out.

Either Party can absolve the other of any treaty obligation at no penalty.

---------------------------------

Ideally, the current international peace will remain in force, and neither of us shall need to invoke this Treaty's terms. Yet we who respect the rule of law must be prepared if law and diplomacy are to fail.

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Citizens of terran space

It is my pleasure to confirm my honourable counterpart Foreign Minister Lepanto's announcement of a Mutually Protective treaty whereby we will move to assist the Britannic Commonwealth should their core systems of St. Heira and Serpens come under attack come under implied or direct attack with declaration of war should Britannic borders be crossed in an aggressive manner.

We confirm that Aldebaran remains exempt from this treaty though in the case of potential conflict in the system we will avoid direct conflict where possible

We also confirm to respect other held territory the Britannic Commonwealth may govern in the future and respect the claim of Britannia should any core territories come under Sol Union governance.

We also agree to assist with economic and technological needs as we are able to afford

We also accept the terms announced in regards to treaty violations

Regards to all
Headdie
Minister of Interstellar Affairs
Sol Union