Author Topic: Nothing is true...  (Read 3633 times)

Offline Kolgena

...Everything is permitted. Especially when you have a Mjolnir in their base, killin their doodz.

Once you accomplish the primary objective by nuking the shuttle with a mjolnir, it is possible to continually use said mjolnir to kill Artemis station, the nearby Aeolus, Hippocrates, and a get few shots off on the Atreus and the Deimos before the turret mysteriously stops shooting (out of range maybe?). At no point do fighters swoop in to kill the damn thing.

While most players may just jump out and leave immediately, since I was never detected, I wanted to see if the briefing takes into account you trashing Artemis station and a bunch of capital ships. Apparently not. Also, dear lord, those Mjolnir's have the damage output of BFReds or something.

Offline Torchwood

• Mechanical Templar
Yeah, the Mjolnir beam has always been ridiculously powerful, to compensate for the fact the Mjolnir doesn't have everything it's supposed to according to the tech room description (two beam weapons and three missile banks).

Nice find. Looks like you've managed to go off the rails in a way the designers did not anticipate.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Huh. That is interesting. I actually wanted to do something like that some time ago, but I didn't ever try it.

So you say that player can actually grab a Mlornir and point it at Atreus? Now that's good news :P
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Damage

• I'm a Major.
Using the Mjolnir in that fashion *before* the Elder's transport is disabled causes them to all jump out, doesn't it?  (Disabling it isn't strictly necessary--though the Mjolnir shot is less of a sure thing.)

What I'm getting at is we couldn't use the Mjolnir to indiscriminately shoot at capital ships until *after* the transport is taken out, could we?
I didn't feel like putting anything here.  Then I did it anyway just to be contrary.

Offline Homura

How do you hack the Mjolnir? i never heard of that and in the briefing it is not mentioned.

Also are there updates for BP? If yes how do i get them?

Offline Torchwood

• Mechanical Templar
It's a spur-of-the-moment thing you can discover midmission. Not directly mentioned during the briefing, but if you're a good spy and scan the station's subsystems as per your secondary mission, you'll find something nice after scanning the weapons subsystem.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 02:14:20 pm by Torchwood »

It's actually mentioned:
Other subsystems, however, may yield further assets - valuable data or access to networked weapons systems.

Offline Kolgena

Using the Mjolnir in that fashion *before* the Elder's transport is disabled causes them to all jump out, doesn't it?  (Disabling it isn't strictly necessary--though the Mjolnir shot is less of a sure thing.)

What I'm getting at is we couldn't use the Mjolnir to indiscriminately shoot at capital ships until *after* the transport is taken out, could we?

Probably. I kill the elder shuttle without disabling it (the mjolnir cannot miss and has perfect tracking), and everyone panics a bit. Nobody detects me throughout any of this, so I was free to stick around and nuke big things to dust.

Offline Homura

It takes forever to turn and after 30 seconds (always before it can fire) the controlls are restored and i am detected... i do something wrong. Which Mjolnir do you hack? i tried it with 2 and 3 so far

Offline Kolgena

You're supposed to identify the shuttle first, then hack the turret and issue and order to kill the shuttle immediately. Once you issue the order you can full burn away to avoid the incoming patrols. Any mjolnir is acceptable.

Offline Damage

• I'm a Major.
I was just thinking that from a story standpoint, it could be fun for Laporte to be able to cause a lot of havoc around Artemis station during her mission there, and provide additional confusion/cover for the assassination.
I didn't feel like putting anything here.  Then I did it anyway just to be contrary.

Offline Mito [PL]

I would have pointed that thing at the Atreus. Bridge, to be specific.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Homura

I tried it multiple times but the Mjolnir never fires. It just looks at the Transporter and follows it but no pew pew.
Also i saw a video where you can glide with the stealth fighter. How does that work? Did i miss that much in WiH2 ? I played it like 50 times already.

Offline Mito [PL]

You can glide, but only in Her Finest Hour.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
You can glide, but only in Her Finest Hour.

What? Pretty sure the Ainsarii always has glide...

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Something something, last time I played it worked when it wanted to. IE: It would work on some levels but not all of them, for some reason.

That sounds like a bug then, there's no way the Ainsarii shouldn't have the ability to glide.

Last time I did a full Tenebra playthrough (using 3.7.4), I didn't have an issue with gliding in any mission when using the stealth fighter.

EDIT - just checked using a semi-recent nightly, I'm indeed able to glide in every act 3 mission.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 09:13:10 am by X3N0-Life-Form »

You can't glide in the dreamscape Ainsarii, as I recall.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Mito [PL]

What? Pretty sure the Ainsarii always has glide...
:blah: Did I really write this? Ehhhhh...
I'm sorry, I suppose something didn't go well in my head when I wrote that.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.