Update: The LoDs and debris are finished, the model is ingame and looking good. I've noticed some minor UV tweaks that need to be made, and there's still tabling to do, but broadly speaking it works, it shoots, all is well.
Unfortunately, I built this thing with call bad information. 100% my own fault, of course - I built it on the assumption that two key elements to make the rear fins work right were in the engine (look_at functionality and an animation trigger that works when a ship is moving, and not just when it's using an afterburner), but it turns out I should have done my research before I started, because that functionality doesn't currently exist. I've made some inquiries about how likely it is to get added in to the engine, but I'm uncomfortable releasing this without the functionality (or with the full functionality, but before the engine has it). For now, while I wait to see how that plays out, this one might have to remain unreleased - for a little while anyway. If it looks like the functionality I need isn;t going to be added in a timely fashion, I'll do a stripped down build and get it released that way.