Author Topic: Rare Yankee company campaign for MCG  (Read 1947 times)

Rare Yankee company campaign for MCG
Some weeks ago RustyDios sent me files containing all rare user campaign missions for MechCommander.

Actually I'm working on a solo-mission map pack release for my remastered MechCommander Gold - Darkest Hours Version 3.0 - containing +50-60 missions. Due to the short length of these campaigns I decided to introduce them as solo-missions for free playing with mixed tech patch.

I introduce these missions at the moment:
1. MechWarrior campaigns (21 missions)
2. 2ND Refusal War (12 missions)
3. The first offense (9 missions)
4. Yankee company (9 missions)
5. RustyDios maps (3 missions)
6. The Repulse, Russian Demo Mod (8 missions)
The Repulse missions need to be remastered before being able to introduce (like I did with 42 original missions before), need to take out gameplay affecting changes before introducing.

The only problem I have right now is that one mission is missing. Yankee company campaign should contain 9 *.dpk files - but only has 8 files in folders.
Yankee Company Operation 1, Mission 2 is missing.
Yankee12.dpk is the name of the missing mission file. I'm asking for someone sending this *.dpk file to me if it exists in some old directories you may have.

I would be be y grateful when you could send me this dpk file.

When you have more dpk files for MCG feel free to send them to me, too. I found a way to build game usable *.fst files for it and write sol and campaign master files for it.

Regards RizZ

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 01:54:13 pm by RizZen »
It has become appalingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.

Albert Einstein

Re: Rare Yankee company campaign for MCG
Yeah, your right there, never even noticed that file was missing, sorry!
I know I won't have it, I literally packaged and sent the entire contents of my MCG folder to you.... I didn't even notice it had some of my old missions in it either !!

Good luck with finding the missing file (someone like CMunsta might have it, if you can track down their current location !?! )

Re: Rare Yankee company campaign for MCG
Mhh I never talked to him neither I know if he's still active ... - and he only made modding files and content no real game files releases... - sry to point that out but I left cMunsta footsteps after I merged user campaigns and added pilots. Now I am far beyond of what he has ever brought out for MCG. Also new modding files and updated version of cMunsta tools. I didn't got more help then information and content of this and some other boards. Sure I'm still using cmunsta tools cause they are simple and modifying game files is more comfortable cause automated processes spare time...

... but I reach out my demand for game files to all players who ever played and downloaded MechCommander content. Maybe somewhere on some private hard drive the missing Yankee company mission 01/02 is still stored.
When this player reads this maybe I will get this file soon.

I'm not only interested in this mission. All mission files are interesting to me. Especially *.dpk and *.fst files. *.mpk and *.sol files I write on my own.
Fst and dpk files are interesting to me cause I can do with them what I want now. These file types containing all files for game in a compressed way. That´s reason usually the sightable folders for players are empty. Game opens fst files and search for files in it. I do same but can make distribution packages and new game content with them. Just need all available stuff i can get to make it bigger.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 01:26:52 pm by RizZen »
It has become appalingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.

Albert Einstein