Author Topic: aaaaaergh  (Read 1711 times)

so was trying to take a look at the starfield texture so i could make a modified version

found it, tried to open with pdn

some ****ing error ****

turns out apparently the file's missing some flag or something?

downloaded two separate hex editors to try to ****ing fix it

got nowhere

thought maybe gimp would open it

downloaded gimp, installed

gimp can't open ****ting dds files

need a plugin

download the plugin, but the file i got was some bczsjdkfj2 **** that i couldn't open

apparently needed to find the plugins folder but i didn't know where that was, some tutorials talked about an exe file so i found that

other file was the wrong version anyway

so downloaded the exe, tried to run it

libgimp****ery.ddl is missing from your computer

tried to google what was going on, everything was useless

went back and found the bcszkalpfjd2 file for the right version and found the plugin folder, put it there

opened gimp

STILL CAN'T ****ING OPEN DDS FILES

tl;dr **** everything

help sometimes i get angry and everything is greentext

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
>Yeeaaaarrghh
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Solatar

When I installed that plugin for GIMP, it involved copying and pasting the .exe for the plugin (it's dds.exe on mine) into the plugins folder (GIMP>lib>gimp>2.0>plug-ins on mine). If you just try to run dds.exe or anything in that folder, it says a bunch of .dlls are missing.

When I installed that plugin for GIMP, it involved copying and pasting the .exe for the plugin (it's dds.exe on mine) into the plugins folder (GIMP>lib>gimp>2.0>plug-ins on mine). If you just try to run dds.exe or anything in that folder, it says a bunch of .dlls are missing.

Aha! That worked! Thanks very much. I was...rather angry about this the other day.

Yeah, I'd been using Paint.NET previously, but it wasn't able to open certain DDS files. Most were fine, just not a few specific ones. Also, from the look of it, GIMP is...colossally more advanced, although I think I'll always have a certain fondness for PDN.