Author Topic: Problem with Blueplanet2_multi  (Read 4406 times)

Problem with Blueplanet2_multi
After following these bullets from this post i get this error during the 6 bullet i follow the error is in the attach file im putting up.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=73966.msg1461312#msg1461312

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Re: Problem with Blueplanet2_multi
You might want to move FreeSpace 2 out of Program Files(x86) as Windows Vista/7 put extra security measures on all subfolders of the program files folders , making it much more difficult for games to make changes that need to be made, especially when patching. Try moving the game to C:\Games\FreeSpace2 or something like that.

Alright i was also wondering if i could just put those files in Manuel into blueplanet2_multi because the address gives me the downloads i need to do it.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Yeah move the whole thing to C:\Games\FreeSpace2.

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
Alright i was also wondering if i could just put those files in Manuel into blueplanet2_multi because the address gives me the downloads i need to do it.

You should be able to do that. So long as you have all the files in the correct folder, it should work perfectly. All the SVN does is provide a way for people to be able to share files which are undergoing development.

However, if you just manually download everything, it may be difficult to make future updates because that means you will manually have to re-download everything. Once you get the SVN setup, updating is as simple as a single click!

I hope that answers the question you had.

Also, even though the setup instructions are the same, that topic is somewhat obsolete.

Here's the new one:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=74974.0
It's a sticky in the BP forum.

Welcome to BP:Multi
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.