Author Topic: Just Another Troubleshooting Thread  (Read 4376 times)

Offline Axem

• Administrator
Re: Just Another Troubleshooting Thread
Hahaha... Yeah... That make sense in retrospect. I did test the mission too (mostly)! Until the Beta Tester blew up (and before the ending VN part). And I thought "yeeeep, this is good enough, the mission is over by this point. Nothing could go wrong after this..." :nono:

So try the attached mission (I tested through it all the way this time...).

Sorry for the troubles again.

Note my edit, upon replaying it did work fine all the way through, although I'm sure an even more ironclad mission always helps.  ;)

Offline Axem

• Administrator
Yeah, it was a bug that needed to be fixed anyway. Basically there's this variable that tells the mission if we should skip to the boss on replay. Unfortunately, some parts of the mission didn't get that memo, so they tried to chug along like normal (causing the first issue you had). The second issue you had was when you were at the end of the mission, the variable gets reset, and the mission then took that to mean "Oh, let's do these events we missed out on before".

Glad you were able to power through it in any case. :)

Offline PIe

In JAD 2.21, the Power of Friendship mission, shooting at the Befriendinator with the Starlancer results in an unending mission, since Delta 1 is summoned only when it's at exactly 75%.  However, using the Starlancer causes the hull to go from 80% (for example) to 73% or 74% and skipping over 75%.  I'm guessing that it can be fixed by triggering the rest of the SEXPs when hull is less than 76% rather than equal to 75%, although I haven't bothered actually verifying this.

Offline Axem

• Administrator
You're on the right track. The Befriendinator's supercap ship flag is supposed to stop damage from certain weapons (like the Starlance) at 75%, so the check for 75% should've been correct... I suppose I'll have to look into it then.

Offline PIe

If it helps, I'm using FSO 3.8.0.

Offline Axem

• Administrator
Okay, I tried some things out. Basically what's happening is the supercap flag on the Befriendinator doesn't exactly cap damage at 75%. After the health is seen to go below 75%, it will stop taking damage. Since the Starlance is powerful enough that it can knock through that 75% and to 73%, we fly through that limit I thought was iron-hard and the mission breaks.

So until I get it fixed fo' real, I'd just suggest using the Prometheus (or something else that isn't the Starlance) to attack the Befriendinator with.