Author Topic: Last updated VP??  (Read 21544 times)

Hey guys. Couldn't stand the synthesized voice for FSPort, so I got out my original FS1 disks and with the VP tools started looking for the original voice files. I ended up extracting basically the whole contents of the data file (from multiple VPs). I merged it with the extracted files from the FSPort VPs and kept the FSP files in place of the retail files, but using the retail files to fill in the blanks. Now I figured out how to make a VP but since I did all this merging and extracting, is there a way to force the program to use the contents of my data file rather than the provided VPs or could I force it to use a custom VP and how would I do that? Also would the files conflict with the same files in other VPs?

Also, since a non existant FS1 soundtrack was mentioned, I managed to extract all the music from the original retail VPs and could easily compile it into either a data file with MP3s or OGGs or FLACs. Have some really good media editing software and dying to try it out.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I'm confused. You had Text-To-Speech with FSPort instead of the voice files? Sounds like you were missing warble.vp, which is a part of the FSPort release. It contains all of the voices that you just ripped and then some.

Missing FS1 soundtrack? Unlikely. The FSPort team has been working with Dan Wentz, the original FS Composer to get newer, hi quality versions of the music from FS1. As I recall, he also filled out a couple tracks that were mean/used in Silent Threat. But even before Dan came along, the FSPort team included all of the music from FS1 in their mod.

All that still leaves me wondering why you had to necro a year+ old thread for this. Not only that, but how does your post relate to this thread at all?
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.