Author Topic: [SOLVED] Debug build don't generate fs2_open.log  (Read 1477 times)

[SOLVED] Debug build don't generate fs2_open.log
Hello i have problem with dusk wars act 1 mod.

i compiled debug build (i used ./autogen.sh --enable-debug )
but when i set up everything in wxlauncher and when i play the game, the fs2_open.log is not generated.
in my ~/.fs2_open/data/ folder i see only this:
cmdline_fso.cfg  players

i use archlinux 64 bit, fs2_open_3.7.5, fs2_open_3.7.5_DEBUG, wxlauncher 0.11.0-1

here is screen with wxlauncher settings:
https://archrulez.org/soubory/wxlauncher.png

thanks for help and sorry for my bad english;)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 09:19:49 am by quandasim »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Debug build don't generate fs2_open.log
As part of the SDL Everywhere thing we introduced in the nightlies, we have brought the Windows executable in line with what we were doing on Linux and MacOS (and, incidentally, in line with Microsoft's guidelines for application developers). The logs as well as the screenshots can now be found under "%appdata%\HardLightProductions\FreeSpaceOpen\data". Just copy that path into the adress bar in the Windows Explorer.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

hello The E and thanks for quick reply
unfortunately i'm using linux operating sytem, so i dont have windows explorer and my folders structure is different than on windows machine.
acording to this site:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,56279.msg1180359.html#msg1180359
the log file on linux shal be located in my home folder: ~/.fs2_open/data and i remmember it worked when i used it few years ago.
but right now the log file is not there.

Offline m!m

That tutorial seems to be out of date. A few recent changes to how FSO stores its config files have changed where the log is stored. You can find the files under $XDG_DATA_HOME/HardLightProductions/FreeSpaceOpen. If you have not changed the value of XDG_DATA_HOME then you will find your files in ~/.local/share/HardLightProductions/FreeSpaceOpen.

thanx m!m
i found the log file;) :yes: