Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next >
FS2 Open Tools / Re: [Preview] Knossos 0.5.3
« Last post by ngld on October 22, 2017, 05:48:23 pm »
Yeah, I fixed a few bugs which I found thanks to the automatic error reporting. The update button should work as intended now if you use the home tab (you can try it by uninstalling FSO, going to the explore tab, clicking details for FSO, selecting version 3.8.0-1 and then clicking install. When you now go to the home tab, the FSO block should have an update button).

You're right, the explore tab should show an update button where appropriate. The reason that Knossos doesn't do it, yet, is that for this to work I need to query both lists (local and remote mods). As mentioned above, this already works on the home tab but I should also implement it for the explore tab.

The duplicated install button is a simple oversight and should be easy to fix.

To fix your retail issue: open the FS2 folder which contains your retail files. There should be a mod.json file, open it and then replace ">=3.8.0-RC3" with ">=3.8.0-1". Restart Knossos (or click refresh) and try launching retail again.

I've changed the explore tab to also display installed mods, they should be marked by the little green icon in the upper-right corner. It's easy to miss but once you know it, it should be enough of an indicator.
The install button in your case installed the new version but didn't touch your old version; now you have both! The update button actually removes the previous version. Beside the fact that it doesn't prompt which packages to install (it always installs the packages you had before) it behaves the same as the install button.

I've also implemented banners. Feel free to test them.
FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support / Re: FSO stops short of last 2-3 items
« Last post by Firesteel on October 22, 2017, 04:45:56 pm »
I know wherever the Sync and Transcend options link to doesn't work properly anymore and you have to manually download those at the moment. They don't have any impact on the rest of the installation though since nothing else depends on them being there.
FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support / Re: installation help
« Last post by Firesteel on October 22, 2017, 04:42:26 pm »
1) You can either run the installer again or go find the mod folders individually either through the campaign list on the wiki, Freespacemods.net, or on the campaign release posts.

2) The opening is the video file from 1999 at a resolution of that era. I don't know if mjn.mixael is still working on higher resolution/updated versions of all the Freespace 2 scenes.
FS2 Open Tools / Re: [Preview] Knossos 0.5.3
« Last post by mjn.mixael on October 22, 2017, 04:22:16 pm »
Whatever you changed recently fixed a lot of functionality! :yes:

A few things to look at from my poking around this afternoon.

I had BP, FSO, and MVPs already installed. They showed on the Explore tab with "Install" as an option. I clicked it and it really just did an update of some sort? Might want to make sure that was intended functionality and if so, when that's the case, the button should say "Update" instead of "Install".

Additionally, during the install, I still had the option to click "Install" on the Explore tab even though just under that button was another button with the install progress.

I still can't launch Retail.
« Last post by jbsheridan on October 22, 2017, 04:05:51 pm »
Wow.....

It worked!

I now have the wxLauncher and it opens the game just fine. I have the MediaVPs 2014 and the No Mod version available.

1.  If I want all of the Advanced Mods do I just rerun the FSO Installer and select them?

2. The Opening Intro movie is very pixelated on my 55" screen. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!
The FRED Workshop / Re: Cancelling out an event that is already in action
« Last post by procdrone on October 22, 2017, 03:29:07 pm »
MitoPL said it.

Add another variable there, like is event true ->stop red alert

and set the red alert event to trigger true when you press the button.

If you want to make it work multiple times, make the stop button change a variable you created to 0, and make red alert trigger when you set it to 1. (for example, when an enemy arrives)
FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support / Re: FSO stops short of last 2-3 items
« Last post by ngld on October 22, 2017, 03:18:56 pm »
Did you install wxLauncher through the installer? Then you should have a new exe file in your FS2 directory which you can launch. This will allow you to select a mod and modify the enabled features (i.e. shadows).
If you want to play the retail campaign, you should install the MediaVPs and select them in the launcher.
« Last post by ngld on October 22, 2017, 03:15:30 pm »
1) Did you try to launch the fs2_open....exe directly? That doesn't work you have to launch it through wxLauncher. If you don't have that yet, it should be available on the installer.
2) The paths you used for the Steam install seems correct. It doesn't matter which path you use for FSO as long as it's not in C:\Program Files.
3) You can select both.
4) Most of them are additional mods. The MediaVPs for example improve the retail FS2 missions and are a requirement for most of the other mods.
FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support / FSO stops short of last 2-3 items
« Last post by pyker on October 22, 2017, 02:18:13 pm »
Downloaded and ran FSO installer but the last 2-3 items in the listed files did not copy.

Nevertheless, it said that the install was successful and I clicked "finish."

I don't have any idea what those last couple of items are or how important. Anyway, I find no difference whatever in what comes up when clicking FS2 icon.

Frankly, I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer (my wife will enthusiastically concur...!), so what should I be expecting to find after installing FSO?

Thanks!
FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support / Re: Joystick suggestions
« Last post by deathspeed on October 22, 2017, 02:13:44 pm »
I'm still using my Sidewinder Force Feedback 2.  When it dies I will probably look into the Thrustmaster T.16000m, or maybe the HOTAS version of it.  I will truly miss force feedback though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next >