Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
The Modding Workshop / Re: Star Fox: Event Horizon for FSO
« Last post by UndyingNephalim on April 25, 2018, 06:39:24 pm »
There's some documentation here: http://wiki.hard-light.net/index.php/Multimedia_Files#APNG

Let me know if anything in it isn't clear.

I got it to work, sure is a lot better than having thousands of dds files floating around in the mod.  :lol:

I have another question, is there a way to make the dialog text in the top right larger? I've received a few complaints that the text is too small and hard to see when explosion effects are going on. I know voice overs kind of solve that problem but naturally I don't really have any voice actors.
Gaming Discussion / Re: Battletech game?
« Last post by crizza on April 25, 2018, 05:32:47 pm »
The saving system cerainly sucks... was on an aftermission/salvage report... and the game crashed... great, whole mission again -.-
« Last post by 0rph3u5 on April 25, 2018, 04:18:41 pm »
Is this the Battletech game we both need and deserve?

No, because we neither need nor deserve it :D

A lot of the negative reviews on steam complain that it's too slow-paced, which is like complaining that Quake is too quick.

Some people just don't like elegance ... but than again, I am just saying that because the "slow pacing" allows me multitask in documentary viewing

EDIT: ps. "My ancestors came from the planet Potato. It took some time for me to accept that, but hey, here we are."  :lol:
« Last post by Spoon on April 25, 2018, 04:12:29 pm »
I don't know what we deserve, but this game is good ****.
Gaming Discussion / Re: Frostpunk
« Last post by Enioch on April 25, 2018, 04:06:34 pm »
Hmmmmmm.

A campaign in which you play as a survivalist geek, you say?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..... :drevil:

PEER REVIEW IS YOUR FRIEND. GO FORTH AND HARVEST RESEARCH GRANTS.

EDIT: OMG, YOU LITERALLY PLAY AS BOSTON DYNAMICS WTFBBQ

« Last post by StarSlayer on April 25, 2018, 03:57:02 pm »
So...

Is this the Battletech game we both need and deserve?

« Last post by Lorric on April 25, 2018, 03:21:28 pm »
Very benevolent. :)

Site Support / Feedback / SCP coding README thread is outdated
« Last post by PIe on April 25, 2018, 03:13:49 pm »
The master readme thread still makes reference to Mantis and SVN when development has moved to GitHub.  SVN instructions are helpful for setting up mods (it would be nice to have them in one of the modding boards), but not for SCP coding.
« Last post by Enioch on April 25, 2018, 02:59:13 pm »
Just finished the Main Quest, and Jeeeeesus, that last week is terrifying.

Spoiler:
I had stockpiled tens of thousands of tons of coal for the generator, and almost 10k food rations, and I still had to redline the Generator until it was mere seconds away from blowing up and my people were still freezing in their homes.

In a city of 580 people, I lost only 50 or so, the vast majority of which were volunteers, who died like heroes, propping up our collapsing mineshafts during
Spoiler:
the BLIZZARD

I went down the path of LAW AND ORDER and I managed to get to the end without going full Big Brother on my freezing populace (the worst thing I did was open a propaganda centre). I am also very proud of the fact that not a single one of my people had to suffer an amputation, for the entirety of the game.

Look at those achievements. Look at them. Benevolent ruler, or what? Eh? Eh?

It's an excellent game.
« Last post by Buckshee Rounds on April 25, 2018, 02:42:02 pm »
Yes, but a lot of the reviews complain about the little cinematic animation cuts you sometimes get when you order a unit to move or attack. It took me one look into the settings to find the option to turn it off.

I can see why some people want to get things moving along, but the fact that they didn't even bother to check in the settings tells me all I need to know.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10