Author Topic: Regenerative Subsystems  (Read 2818 times)

Regenerative Subsystems
Is there a way to stop your subsystems from regenerating?
--
'Captain' Nick Brown

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Have them at 0%?
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Kitsune

Sabotage subsys sexps with a repeat counter...
But would need a terminating sexp if you call for rearm.

------------------
~Space Kitsuné
Creator of the Anthro FS2 Campaign.
Help!
~Space Kitsuné
6-Tailed RPG Nut.

"Why the hell don't we have any missles on this damn boat?!"
"But Sir, we have Tempests, Rockeyes, and unknown bombs."
"Like I said ensign, 'Why don't we have any missles on this damn boat?!"

"I went to a fight last night and a hockey game broke out."  -Groucho Marx

Well, depending on what overall effect you're trying to achieve, you can also set the ship's power output at 0.0.  Of course if you do that then NOTHING will regenerate (weapon capaciter, shields, or afterburner).
I told you that It would be done by November, well, mostly anyway...

I'm working on something new... shhhhh, it's a seceret.

Offline Red5

• http://www.roughnecks.org
 Id like to see a mini escape pod, that has shields and afterburners, maybe a subach cannon, but has no generator.  It just has a battery, once the battery runs dry, ur screwed  .  I like that idea better than the Hermes Econoline van or whatever current escape pods for the "command crew"
This is my signature

Originally posted by Red5:
*snip*
It just has a battery, once the battery runs dry, ur screwed   .  I like that idea better than the Hermes Econoline van or whatever current escape pods for the "command crew"

That more or less describes the entire MOD I'm working on.  All of the weapons are modeled as secondary weapons (which means you have very limited amounts of ammunition).  Well, mostly modelled on secondary weapons.  I had to have "bot" versions of all the guns as primary varients because I haven't been able to figure out how to trick the AI into using the secondary ones.  If anyone knows some way to have a ship's 'laser battery' get recharged whenever it docks with a supply ship I'd be eternally grateful (it would simplify a lot of what I'm trying to do with this thing.)

(the demo's at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JSKGames-public/files/  )...   (c:

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
First there was the Velocity Mod, then Better Turrets... now this  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?

Originally posted by jonskowitz:
That more or less describes the entire MOD I'm working on.  All of the weapons are modeled as secondary weapons (which means you have very limited amounts of ammunition).  Well, mostly modelled on secondary weapons.  I had to have "bot" versions of all the guns as primary varients because I haven't been able to figure out how to trick the AI into using the secondary ones.  If anyone knows some way to have a ship's 'laser battery' get recharged whenever it docks with a supply ship I'd be eternally grateful (it would simplify a lot of what I'm trying to do with this thing.)

(the demo's at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JSKGames-public/files/  )...   (c:

To have the AI fire secondaries as primaries ( quick burst). make a swarmer version of the gun, unguided. Even with a limited swarm, the ai won't stop firing. Strange, but that workes with me so it's wirth trying it, no?  
SCREW CANON!

Originally posted by Setekh:
First there was the Velocity Mod, then Better Turrets... now this  

[lol]  Actually, I guess calling it a MOD is a little inaccurate.  It's probably more of a conversion as it is not set within the Freespace universe (I'm just 'borrowing' Volition's game engine to do my own thing with).  The basic setting depicts a China/United States cold war that's beginning to turn hostile.  All of the action takes place within the Sol system (no warping around).  If I do this right it should 'play' very differently than Freespace does.

-------------------------------------------

Thanks Venom for the tip on the cannons.  Thhat should help solve most of my resupply woes.  Of course FRED and Multiplayer mode will still kick out errors left and right.  I'll probably make some kind of "blank-gun" to fool the error checker with.