Author Topic: Terran Huge Turret replacment?  (Read 2992 times)

Offline --Steve-O--

• I might be the last man on earth to use TS3.2
Terran Huge Turret replacment?
is there one out there? personally i think that green blob gun needs to be spiffed up a bit if there isn't one.
"And so they dwelled in filth, on worlds made of dirt and feces, and there they lay until they stumbled into the skies." --the Mad Prophet

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Re: Terran Huge Turret replacment?
There are lots... And modifying it yourself is just as easy as downloading one...
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Um.... yes and no. Only if he is using the ship that has them already....

AFAIK there were two ships that ended up with an upgrade to the THT (correct me people).

IF you possibly want them on other ships it would involve turning the pof back to a .cob and copy paste the turret onto the new ship models but then you'd have to set up the turrets again (cause they lose thier game info when you do that)...
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
INFA's Terran Huge Turrets are upgraded, but not visually.

Offline --Steve-O--

i can manage tinkering with the .tbl, i was wondering if anybody had made a new projectile as well. or atleast an addon weapon like a rail gun or something with more punch
"And so they dwelled in filth, on worlds made of dirt and feces, and there they lay until they stumbled into the skies." --the Mad Prophet

Offline Snail

• SC 5
There's a Railgun in INFA too. ;)

Offline --Steve-O--

just made my own... used Lightspeeds weapon FX to swap out the blobs for both terran huge and shivan mega funk, a little TBL tweaking and presto! had an orion and a deamon slug it out w/o beams...only took a few minutes for one to die...so not to nasty. againt a hercII, few hits to get through the shields...one hull hit to kill you. against cruisers...pitted a fenris with nothing but the new THuge against a hostile fenris and 2 leviathans (stock weapons...no beams) it chewed all three up.

Could someone post some of these turret pictures?  I'm always looking for new/different turret ideas.
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline --Steve-O--

whats the method for sticking screen shots in this ?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 12:15:25 pm by --Steve-O-- »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Press the Print Screen button on your keyboard at the time(s) when you want screenshot(s) taken.  After you're all finished, look for the file(s) in your FreeSpace2\screenshots directory... or if you have a mod working, it might be in the \FreeSpace2\mod\screenshots directory, I'm not sure... but you'll figure it out.

Offline Getter Robo G

I thought he meant how to post in a thread (you need an image host to upload to tehn post teh links it gives you ( url for links or [img] ones for a picture itself to show up in you post (make sure you use liek 780 or less so you wont get the bar on the bottom and move the forums out fo whack. Or use thumbnails...

I resize most of my screenies right after I make them after tests.
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Offline --Steve-O--

« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 12:29:18 pm by --Steve-O-- »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
IMO they're ugly. Bad glow.

Offline --Steve-O--

i know...still playing with it

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Hard to say. The glow looks big, but one should see them in motion. Might actually look more bolt like (yay), than regular longish drop like thingy (lame). Depends on its velocity...
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Offline Getter Robo G

I know I am partially color blind, but is the A purple blob surrounded by a GREEN glow?

If they matched it would be more logical...  :D

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Well you got the green glow right.
The blob seems to be white(ish), or very pale green (might be the effect of the glow). There also seems to be a hint of blue at the tip (might be an optical illusion), that probably made you see purple...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I'm the one who's colorblind here. :sigh:

Seriously. I was very offended by that comment in JAD Mission 2 "Yes, well I'm colorblind."

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
This reminds me of a funny scene in "The french Connection" (a masterpiece BTW) when Roy Scheider asks Gene Hackman:

"You want the black stuff or the red stuff?"
"Nah, I'm colorblind."

(or something like that, can't remember exactly)

Always cracks me up... :lol:

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Mnyar you. MNYAR.