Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 26487 times)

Re: What are you working on?
...That looks an awful lot like that Vasudan interceptor that fightermedic made last year.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
which is based on exactly that model :P
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I also looks reminiscent of the Cylon fighter from New BSG.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Visionary modder and coder
    • Twitter
which is based on exactly that model :P
I said earlier, it's based on the AF Corybant from the model dump of Act 3 of the Ancient-Shivan War. It's the first of many assets created specifically for my campaign/mod.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Campaigns:
FreeSpace: Reunited - Shattered Stars

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
Still working on this one:

the textures are making progress :)
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

That looks good but man I think you should try harder to break up the shapes of the lego bricks in your models!
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
After more than three years of inactivity, I've decided to release the first pic of the newly-remade version of the hi-poly GTS Hygeia. Showing a two-seater cockpit. A true step towards hi-poly.

I'm back at finishing my model that was the first I ever started three years ago. This time I'm at the right direction of most modelers take, namely being hi-poly.

EDIT: This is not a Shattered Stars ship. It's a FreeSpace ship. Terran support ship GTS Hygeia.

Campaigns:

Ships:

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Since fightermedic has released the textured version of the AF Corybant as the GVF Corybant last January, I've decided to show off my redone GRF Caranayodhin, inspired by both the Corybant and the AF Kato, specifically for my mod I'm working on for long. preliminary GRW small interceptor design.

However, I did take one of my engines from the SC Raguel cruiser and model out of it. The result is nothing taken from other models made by others, even Volition :)

It may be Shivan-like, but rest assured, it's definitely 100% alien-like. With a diamond-shaped cockpit glass and a full "show ship" cockpit with Diaspora-like HUD displays and fightermedic's ones.

As of now, there are three (and six?) more fighters, three bombers, three cruisers, two corvettes, one (or two) frigate(s), four destroyers, one battleship, one carrier, one dreadnought, one juggernaut, two transports, one freighter, one cargo pod, one AWACS, and one support ship to touch on in the GRW Fleet created specifically for the mod.

I'm in the process of texturing it and getting it into game with PBR assets and height/displacement maps, and making it COLLADA-ready.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 01:52:09 pm by Bryan See »

Campaigns:

Ships: