Author Topic: [TWIST OF FATE - ASSET RELEASE] PVD Atum  (Read 7787 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
[TWIST OF FATE - ASSET RELEASE] PVD Atum

In the early stages of Vasudan space exploration thread of encountering potentially spacefaring race with hostile intentions was taken less than seriously. Only local peacekeeping forces were necessary at this time. Little is known to GTA about that era, but according to the intel provided by PVN officers after the armistice, Ramses tactical carrier was the first response to this thread and also a main logistic support ship needed in newly discovered systems. A destroyer concept was introduced in PVN after discovery of the 4th Vasudan system known to us as Altair. Empire required a unit that would combine roles of a space command center and mobile base for large complements of Anubis and Nefertum fighters able to reach newly established colonies scattered throughout planetary systems. Saviour-class light destroyer was designed to fulfil all these requirements. Faster than most lately designed destroyers and more lightly armored, its firepower and expected survivability are similar to Halcyon class next-gen frigates introduced recently to GTA arsenal.

Despite being a 2-km long battleship, the Saviour was no match for Terran Zagreus and Orion destroyer classes, primarily because its lightly armored and exposed reactors, designed to radiate the heat directly into space. This weakness was widely exploited by Terran bombers and bigger vessels early in the war, reducing total count of Saviour-class destroyers to 7 and forcing PVE to rely mostly on their Ramses carriers as their rapid fighter deployments. Later variants of the Saviour were basically classified as a new class - PVD Atum – which featured additional mid-section to cover still vulnerable reactors and more dense plating. Roles of tactical command and carrier were assigned to newer Typhon destroyers - a later descendant of the Atum class, utilizing main lines and internal structure, but eliminating majority of Atum weaknesses.

Very few of Atum class destroyers still reinforce Vasudan Navy as most of them were destroyed or replaced by Typhon class. Remaining Atums were equipped with a single spinal heavy plasma cannon and three frigate-grade additional cannons in crown configuration, making the Atum potent offensive tool and siege platform. Despite being classified as B-grade thread, firepower of Atum should never be underestimated. The destroyer is capable of performing deadly frontal jump-ins using the tactics similar to Shivan shock-jumps and bombard the target with all its four cannons. It also fully shows its potential in long and exhausting ship-to-ship duels. Cavernous hangarbays with two independent entrances are its second most important advantage. According to our intel, four vessels of this class remains in PVN service, The most notable examples are PVD Diligence of the Altair fleet and PVD Ascension from Epsilon Pegasi.

Well... A long time ago I asked Woolie Wool if he need any modelling help. He requested fixes for PVD Savoir from TVWP known as PVD Atum in Twist of Fate.
When I looked at the model I couldn't believe how ugly this thing is. So I added few polys here, few here, few everywhere...

Consider it as the first zod ship they ever classified as destroyer. An older brother of Typhon. Atum is smaller than Orion and Typhon, has two hangarbays and 19 turrets. Main cannons are placed to warp out and attack in crown configuration, but it also can be used as potent shockjumper and frontline enfroncer.

And I needed a something vasudan in my fleet :P

« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 11:40:03 am by Betrayal »
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Re: [TWIST OF FATE - ASSET RELEASE] PVD Atum
Oh my god. :eek2:

16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Congrats and pat on the back to you sir, especially for giving a very old model a new lease of life. I quite like all the extra details you've added to this (especially the black 'techy' parts on the head and arms). Love the scale-style panels you have on he hull too; the colour leaves it feeling like a half-way mark between the Typhon's hull and the hull of the Aten which is a coo touch. I wasn't 100% sure of the lighter blue at first but it's rapidly growing on me, and it goes quite well with the white lights you have on other parts of the hull. Nice one!
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline starlord

Beautiful sir...

Out of curiosity, isn't the savior referred to as the second destroyer class fielded by the vasudans in the TVWP timeline? I think I recall mention of a thanatos class that preceded it.

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
This is an excellent model, but I have to say it screams reconstruction era to me rather than pre-FS1.

You've got those big, sweeping arches reminiscent of the Hatty, and the rehashed texture isn't doing it any favors for making it look older.

**** it, who cares, this thing is hot.

Offline Snarks

I agree with Hellstryker. This thing, while absolutely gorgeous, looks like even more modern than the Hatty. Anyone else think it would look cool as a TEI ship for the Vasudans in BP?

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Thank you for releasing it...

EDIT: because the backu-up swallowed
This is ship is really nice and work and I am really glad someone is making ships that aren't brimming with turrets... OSaM's PVCa Providence now has a new model :D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 09:47:02 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
That looks awesome.
wow.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Thank you all guys :]. To be honest it's quite hard to make your ship looks old. Because... What exactly makes ship look old :P? Holes in armor plating and rust everywhere xD?

When I was texturing it, I was thinking about Typhon but also about other vasudan ships. Especialy the Osiris, that is very dark and has lots of blue lightning.
In case of Atum I decided to use lightblue to make it more different than Typhon. Shapes of both destroyers gives them enough similarities.

Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline rubixcube

• best username ever
It actually reminds be a bit of the Achladia from ASW, seeing as that was inspired by the typhon I suppose that shouldn't be a surprise.
Stuff

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
It actually reminds be a bit of the Achladia from ASW, seeing as that was inspired by the typhon I suppose that shouldn't be a surprise.
I actually started from this:

I have no idea who made this. I know it was made in Max as buggy max->pof converter was used and created a lot of collision problems. Maybe Taristin?
Textures were different in the earlier WiP stages. A week ago it looked like this:

Original come from the early ages of FS modding. That's for sure. As far as I know it's Typhon's predecessor from Terran-Vasudan War Project.

Out of curiosity, may someone enlighten me :D? Who made original model and for what purpose? I want to include original author in wiki article.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 08:48:14 pm by Betrayal »

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I think it was originally made by...I want to say Galemp ...but I'm not 100% sure, for TWVP?
Also that texture is not what it initially had, someone re-tiled it.
It's initially supposed to have the reddish-brown Typhon textures with the lights instead of the green scales, which would probably have helped it look pre-FS1-era instead of reconstruction-era like it does now.

EDIT: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=25406.msg1203678#msg1203678
Probably is Galemp
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 12:07:24 am by Droid803 »
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
I retiled it, because it originally looked so much like the Typhon it was hard to distinguish from a distance.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline starlord

Might galemp still have a WIP model for the Thanatos? Would this actually be the VCI Bastet of inferno alliance? I always thought the Bastet shared it's appearance with the savior...

Offline Solatar

According to the original post in the TVWP internal forum, Galemp based it off something from an Aldo modeldump. </twocents>

Offline starlord

I see. many thanks.