Author Topic: Guess who?  (Read 9033 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
It's just the first pass. I'll add more panneling.

Speaking of which, I head Quixel is excellent for making texture. Anyone got any experience with it?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

I'm relieved all the earlier issues haven't stopped you from working on models for FS2, TrashMan. I want to thank you for the improvements to the Orion Mk2, no matter if its minor fixes or more. I've grown to really like the ship. Likewise the other work you've done is very much appreciated - So much so I wonder if you could read my mind or saw my wish list for Christmas.

With my limited knowledge I also couldn't find a way to get past the issues you've been having with the Archangel, crashing on attempting to convert to pof. (to avoid any confusion, I didn't make any progress myself) Are you still at that dead end? If so, I'd like to repeat my call to see if someone else with a lot more knowledge and experience will have a good shot at getting the Archangel to convert and work instead?

At any rate, good luck and keep it up!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 07:01:57 pm by JCDNWarrior »
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

It happens again.
Version 1 of the Armageddon is mostly done - 4 lods, debris, fully POFe'd (insignias, glows, etc..even animated missile hatches), but the game is crashing.

Would anyone care to take a look? I wanted to release this for Christmas (and, no. That isn't the final texture)
https://www.mediafire.com/?m3hbab2r2ck78e3

Offline Deora11

PCS 2.1 struggled to open this. Once opened, I noticed your insignias are all stretched and causes memory dumps when selecting the drop down menu. Insignia 3 alone has over 9000 faces, I strongly suggest this IS theproblem. I recommend removing the insignias all together and playtest it again to see if that stabilises the model.

I've never used insignias, so I'm unsure how to properly set them up, however I do believe thats the problem.

Edit: After I deleted all 5 insignias, this model loaded perfectly.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 12:57:09 am by Deora11 »

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
FIVE insignias?
The model should only have one.

Thanks. I?ll fix that
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 05:10:45 am by TrashMan »

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Small update:

I updated the Orion Mk2 download.
More fixes, 2 new dock points (with modeled dock ports) and slightly improved debris

Aaand the Block B variant of the Falcon Space Superiority fighter:
https://www.mediafire.com/?q756cyd4885w101

Looks like falcs2f-normal.dds is broken. :nervous: