Author Topic: Weird reticle behavior.  (Read 4407 times)

Offline Kolgena

Weird reticle behavior.
So, I just grabbed the newest nightly (posted Sep 24) and was mildly surprised by new changes to how the HUD reacts. I'm just curious if the change is intentional, and if so, if there is a way to turn it off.

Basically, it feels like the central HUD elements have (negative) inertia. When you move, stuff gets "dragged" around the screen instead of staying in one place. For example, if you turn left, your center reticle will shift left, while everything else stays put. See pictures to see what I mean. (apologies for ****ty jpegs, but I figured they were good enough to get the point across)

[attachment deleted by ninja]
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 03:19:47 pm by Kolgena »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Weird reticle behavior.
This is probably related to a fix I did for an unrelated Mantis issue that had unexpected sideeffects. The next nightly should be OK.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
But something really awesome came out of it!

The cockpit now moves whenever you turn your ship, just like WC Prophecy! (Watch in firefox and skip to 15 second mark plz)

Can you guys please add the moving cockpit effect to FSO (And make it optional)?
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline Kolgena

Except it's currently a jittery mess, and makes it impossible to aim in a dogfight. I'd be hard pressed to call this bug a feature.

yeah but g effect and shaking effect could be a cool things, like things we have in rfactor for exemple.
$Formula: ( every-time
   ( has-time-elapsed "0" )
   ( Do-Nothing
   )
   ( send-message
      "#Dalek"
      "High"
      "Pro-crasti-nate"
   )
   )
)
+Name: Procratination
+Repeat Count: 99999999999
+Interval: 1

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
It worked somehow in starlancer, so it can work somehow here. It would be a really cool feature.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
It worked in Starlancer because they actually wanted it to behave like that. In FSO, it's a byproduct of something going wrong somewhere.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
Yeah, but is there a way to mimic that behaviour without causing more issues or reintroducing the bug? That's what I'm asking.
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline Kolgena

Probably... I think it'd be easiest to implement through some of the code existing for TrackIR, but that's just a guess. Of course, it should only be done if mods will use it, or someone is willing to.

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
I also got this recently. I thought it was just because I was using a trackball. But yeah, it's disappeared in the newer builds.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it