Author Topic: [MAC] Consistent crash upon launch after one-time in-game crash  (Read 1222 times)

Offline kls

[MAC] Consistent crash upon launch after one-time in-game crash
Hi all,

So after having successfully played through the FS2 campaign I thought I would give mods a try. Downloaded and installed "Crossing the Styx", and when starting the first mission the game just froze completely when I clicked on weapon selection. I couldn't exit the game so I had to power off and restart.

Ever since whenever I try launching the game from wxlauncher (with whatever options or mods enabled / disabled) the game crashes immediately with the following backtrace: https://pastebin.com/X4gtTsvE

As seen from above, using the 3.7.4 version on Sierra 10.12.4. Currently have the 2014 MediaVPs, Crossing the Styx and Vassago's Dirge installed.

Any hints?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: [MAC] Consistent crash upon launch after one-time in-game crash
How did you install the mods?

Offline kls

Thanks for your reply.

Just manually, placing them in the FS2 library, then activating them through wxlauncher.

As I said, I've played through the main campaign using the 2014 MVP's without a glitch, and Vassago's Dirge seemed to have worked fine (although didn't start playing it, I quit through the first intro video).

Crossing the Styx's own main menu, and in-game HUD loaded fine in the tutorial mission, then the first mission briefing worked fine as well – until, as I said, clicking on weapon selection, when it crashed.

But the fact that I haven't been able to launch the game since the crash is most peculiar – tried disabling everything, and still no success.

Offline kls

Meanwhile went ahead and did a complete reinstall. Got the latest version of wxlauncher, which told me more: it seems that it was looking for the 3.6.12 MVP's, and that is what caused the continuous crash.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
If it's still a problem, Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.