Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Gaming Discussion / Re: What are you playing right now?
« Last post by Snarks on July 22, 2018, 08:32:19 am »
A complete remake of MGS3 on the Fox engine would be amazing, and I will throw money so hard at such a project. That said, it isn't going to happen.

Started playing CRYPTARK, which I picked up on the Steam summer sale. It's both frustrating and fun. But I think I'm just not that big of a fan of twin joy-stick shoot em ups.
FreeSpace Discussion / Re: How long do Vasudans live?
« Last post by Novachen on July 22, 2018, 08:25:17 am »
I think longer than humans.

If i remember correctly there was a Vasudan Admiral in a Post-FS2 campaign who was an Admiral during the 14-year war between Vasudans and Terrans, too. Even i do not remember exactly which one.
FreeSpace Discussion / How long do Vasudans live?
« Last post by Assassin714 on July 22, 2018, 07:36:32 am »
What is the average Vasudan lifespan and how much does it vary?

If there is no canon information on this then has it ever been addressed in any fan-made campaigns or other supplementary material? Is there any generally-agreed upon fanon answer to this question?

« Last post by Colonol Dekker on July 22, 2018, 06:29:11 am »
Molto bene   ;)

MGS 2 and 3 HD remake on P'S Vita.   Currently on a week long holiday with in laws and I needed a fix and this is all I can get due to the wifi and my vita failing to cooperate, otherwise I'd be remote connecting to the PS4 6 hours away and playing something a bit less addictive.
The FRED Workshop / Re: AI and puncture weapons
« Last post by Galemp on July 22, 2018, 04:39:07 am »
 :bump:

This feature request is still outstanding. I've put together a training mission on a proposed advanced IFF system, intended for police and peacekeeping. Please use the attached table and mission to see exactly what kind of behavior I want to teach to the AI.
Fate of the Galaxy / Re: "Clone Wars" Revival
« Last post by wookieejedi on July 22, 2018, 03:06:35 am »
That's my guess, too. Those storyboard arcs were fun to watch. Haha such uncivilized weapons...
« Last post by Trivial Psychic on July 22, 2018, 03:00:01 am »
I expect that some of the 12 episodes planned for release include the 8 storyboard episodes that have been released.  If you have seen them, my favorite part is during the "Death on Utapau" ark, where Kenobi & Skywalker have to fight with blasters instead of light sabers and Anakin is going all-out with the trick-shots on his twin blasters.
« Last post by Nightmare on July 22, 2018, 02:57:54 am »
Now I only have to wait for 10 years to see them. :o
« Last post by Det. Bullock on July 22, 2018, 02:50:27 am »
Since I was fed up with single-handedly causing the extinction of the snow leopard in Tomb Raider 2 I decided to keep playing Castlevania Rondo of Blood (romhack with the PSP translation) on the Wii, this time using a Mega Drive gamepad with a Gamecube adapter by Raphnet Tech (even with international shipping was much less costly than one of those Hori pads and I always have some Mega Drive/Genesis controller lying around since it's basically the console of my childhood) and boy is it much less tiring playing with a proper D-pad.
Of course I interrupted at the galleon level and that's where the proverbial **** hits the fan, Death was the first boss I had to use the built-in hint system for and the following level was a boss rush and the seventh level started with the most difficult version of the crumbling bridge with bats in all Castlevania games I played, though the level is mostly in line with the rest of the game for the rest once you rescure Richter's girlfriend. Though I had to use a walkthrough to find the two remaining damsels in distress, one was obvious in hindsight, the other much less so. At the moment I still have to get the timing to pass under the second form of Dracula while it jumps right, and thank god Dracula's boss room is a separate level, I don't think I could take going through the clock tower and its boss every time I lose a continue.

Also in my quest to get in touch with what the kids play today I picked up Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut on GOG.com, mostly because I wanted something not too difficult after spending two hours trying to beat Dracula in Rondo of Blood. I'm playing in Italian for once, mostly because I think I'll get the Ezio Auditore's games and I wanted to experience at least this part of the series consistently and I HATE when some english speaking actor decides to break in random Italian phrases. Yeah, I know that to brits, yanks, aussies and company sounds cool and exotic but there is basically no native english speaking actor that I know of that doesn't still have a foreign accent to an Italian ear and let's not talk about bad grammar and misused idioms.  :rolleyes:
But forgetting rants about language, I'm liking the game so far, there is a lot of repetition but since I'm not exactly searching for deep gameplay at the moment it's not necessarily an issue for me. The controls feel a bit weird though, I tried both M+K and gamepad and in the end settled for M+K because it's easier to control the camera with the mouse.
« Last post by wookieejedi on July 22, 2018, 02:50:06 am »
I also watched the Clone Wars 10th Anniversary Panel at the San Diego Comic-Con.  I had already seen the teaser beforehand, but you can really feel the intensity of the crowd as they realize what just happened as they're viewing the teaser.

I did as well. They got so excited, and it's probably the most happy surprised I have been about any fictional story in a long time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10