Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: What animes/series are you watching right now?
« Last post by Firesteel on March 24, 2018, 02:34:31 pm »
With this season almost over, if anyone's still curious about shows here's my recommendations:

Yuru Camp (really nice, comfy slice of life. Fun art style, good direction, smexy backgrounds)

Violet Evergarden (probably the highest quality animation of the season, good if not totally new story lines, lots of feels)

Sora yori mo Tooi Basho/Antarctica show (slice of life-ish with some fun character designs, nice animation, some surprisingly good character writing)

Magus Bride (fantasy romance with some nice art and animation)

Garo Vanishing Line (urban fantasy with VR stuff, metal AF, dumps tons into character designs even when the characters are only there for one episode)
FreeSpace Discussion / Re: 20th Anniversary of Descent: FreeSpace
« Last post by Firesteel on March 24, 2018, 02:25:58 pm »
I remember my friend in second or third grade telling me about it in class one day and then showing me the opening cutscene when I went over to his house and here I am. This was 2002 or 2003 so I was pretty late to the party as a kid but hey, I'm still around.

Descent Freespace was the second game I ever purchased with my own money after saving up for it for about a month and damn was it a good purchase.
General Discussion / Re: *SPOILER THREAD* Ready Player One
« Last post by Firesteel on March 24, 2018, 02:20:42 pm »
I read 2 paragraphs of it. I don't know the actual page it was on and I don't care.

From everything I've gathered in addition to the two paragraphs I've read, it's basically the anti Snowcrash wearing a veneer of pop culture and in a really ****ty cosplay of Snowcrash.
General Discussion / Re: What animes/series are you watching right now?
« Last post by Novachen on March 24, 2018, 12:41:08 pm »
Yesterday we have watched Appleseed: Ex Machina.

Actually, i liked the Cell-Shading/CGI combination of Appleseed much more, than this pure CGI-event, even this movie has a more consistent style.

But apart from that, this movie fell short to its predecessor. I do not like Ex Machina's soundtrack as i liked Appleseed's. Also the story in this one was much weaker... hell it was more or less about Zombies.
"Captain Proton vs. The RoboZombies" could not even worse than this  ;)

Actually, we were not even sure, if this movie is really a follow-up to the first one, because the german wikipedia page writes about a 26-episode long Appleseed anime that was released in 2006 and so before this movie... but i never find anything about that. But now i am sure, that they mean Applessed Genesis, because that planned with 26 episodes... even i do not have a clue, why they talk about 2006, because this one was announced only after Ex Machina... and was cancelled in the end. It is rare to find such long existing errors on wikipedia today.

The next one should be Appleseed XIII then, a real anime series... i think we will try to watch it in the next couple of weeks.
Blue Planet / Re: You've made a masterpiece
« Last post by johnney351 on March 24, 2018, 11:05:46 am »
It really can't be said enough. Y'all did great.

Blue Planet / Re: Conversations from War in Heaven
« Last post by emark4 on March 24, 2018, 10:29:11 am »

Would be interested to see what people think of the Conversations post-release.

Okay, 8 years late, but I am guessing that the "Yangze " conversation is talking about Flight Lt. Ng'Mei? Felt like making that into a database entry for the character but I want to make sure.
The Modding Workshop / Re: WIP - Warehouse Station
« Last post by Nightmare on March 24, 2018, 09:06:26 am »
Wow, such a wonderful thing :)
« Last post by 0rph3u5 on March 24, 2018, 08:49:04 am »

This has been one of the assets I've been most eagerly anticipating...
« Last post by bomb3rman on March 24, 2018, 08:42:00 am »
Oh boy... This really comes in handy :) Very nice!
Asset Releases / [RELEASE] - GTI Veles Warehouse Station
« Last post by Black Wolf on March 24, 2018, 08:05:23 am »
Just a heads up for the asset release forum, the GTI Veles (formerly the Warehouse station suggested by JCDNWarrior) has been released. You can find the download here:

Remember to read the FREDders notes before using the Veles in your mod. It's a bit of a trickier beast than most.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10