Author Topic: Reporting bugs in Starshatter Open  (Read 29573 times)

Offline Echelon9

Re: Reporting bugs in Starshatter Open
Thanks for the report, I'll take a look.

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
If im at it, so heres something more:

When you minimize the game, and bring it back up again, and you're using mouse controls for a fighter, it spins around all the time.... just like the mouse were pointing to the edge of the screen.
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Ok, heres the dear which pisses me off.

Whenever i complete my mission, i signal Archon to return to base, i get clearing, i get out my landing gear, and confirm my landing.
When im in the fighter bay, camera turns like it was about to finish the mission, but it doesnt, i still controll the ship, and if i don't stop, i just crash into the carrier, dying and failing the mission.

Really bad thing....

This is a bit tricky, but I'd call this a feature, and not a bug. But, I do think you ought to have the option of disabling the feature if you don't like it. It might also be nice to have a manual "tower view" mode attached to this feature. Therefore, if you disable the "automatic tower view mode" on final approach, you can still manually toggle it.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Cyberkada

• http://b5sc.com
New bug I'm fixing.

Create Player under the Logbook *should* bring up a screen similar to the first game run screen.  I'm changing it so it operates properly - name, empire, physics mode, play style, etc.
Babylon 5: Starship Commander

Offline Cyberkada

fixed this bug.  Adding and deleting players directly from the logbook now works.

Offline Cyberkada

Ok, heres the dear which pisses me off.

Whenever i complete my mission, i signal Archon to return to base, i get clearing, i get out my landing gear, and confirm my landing.
When im in the fighter bay, camera turns like it was about to finish the mission, but it doesnt, i still controll the ship, and if i don't stop, i just crash into the carrier, dying and failing the mission.

Really bad thing....

This is a bit tricky, but I'd call this a feature, and not a bug. But, I do think you ought to have the option of disabling the feature if you don't like it. It might also be nice to have a manual "tower view" mode attached to this feature. Therefore, if you disable the "automatic tower view mode" on final approach, you can still manually toggle it.

I'll look into making an auto land feature for the fighter.  But I find too many computer controlled fighters love smacking into the rear hull of a ship if the landing bay is in front...

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I do know that friendly fighters have a tendency to smack into the carrier from time to time - I don't know how much of this is due to the "ship design" code or just the AI code. Otherwise, the ship subsystem settings in the given .def files may have been poorly done - without the carrier fix mod (which I'm not sure is commonly available by itself anymore), fighters AND the player alike tend to smack into the hangar rather than dock, which is a huge problem. The mod fixes this by means of editing/overriding the said .def files. Furthermore, I do have a copy of wdboyd's flight deck tutorial if you need it - this was originally available as the "Modder's Toolkit" before the original Starshatter fan site went down. I might even have the old download file for that particular package as well, if anyone needs it.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Cyberkada

I have the wdboyd tutorial.  Wish I had the source code changes so I can reintegrate it.