Author Topic: Exile - Discussion  (Read 4973 times)

Offline emark4

When the time come for The Schism, some ships like Galahad are likely to become more HTL and PBR.

HTL and PBR? Care to elaborate?

Offline CT27

Since resources are an issue, I can understand why Exodus Fleet may not want to put energy into a Treb or Maxim equivalent for all fighters, but how about an energy sniper weapon like the Hypacs from Shadow Genesis?  That could be worth looking into in order for Exodus Fleet to give its fighters the ability to disarm Shivan capships.

Since resources are an issue, I can understand why Exodus Fleet may not want to put energy into a Treb or Maxim equivalent for all fighters, but how about an energy sniper weapon like the Hypacs from Shadow Genesis?  That could be worth looking into in order for Exodus Fleet to give its fighters the ability to disarm Shivan capships.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think there is a sniper-style weapon in BP act2. It was on the custos cruiser in the "One Future" mission. I would love to use something like that in exile 2. But I do not believe we will see the Shivans in Andromeda at all

Offline Nyctaeus

• Betrayal is his middle name
  • I speak polgrish!
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
When the time come for The Schism, some ships like Galahad are likely to become more HTL and PBR.

HTL and PBR? Care to elaborate?
We will see how much effort we can put into assets.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think there is a sniper-style weapon in BP act2. It was on the custos cruiser in the "One Future" mission. I would love to use something like that in exile 2. But I do not believe we will see the Shivans in Andromeda at all
Exodus Fleet actually have their their own Treb equivalent [the Javelin] and multiple Maxim equivalents. Act II weapons are even present in current modpack, those are all in WiP stage and probably incomplete, badly ballanced etc. Anyway you can see them in some of actual missions, like Redeemer heavy plasma gattling cannon on turrets in Dirty Job and used by Falchion gunships in Sol Invictus. HyPAcS-like sniper rifle, the Widow is also being used by Guardian gunships in the Day of Reckoning. This one is gonna be totally redone. Amalthea cruisers use ORS' dumbfire on lower launcher and this is another weapon that will be available in The Schism.

Why all those those weapons are not available now? Short supplies, Encantona etc. Lots of weapons in fact have to be reverse-engineered based on actual remaining examples, because blueprints were lost during the exodus. Only the most of elite squadrons remaining on Exodus Fleet ships have access to this remaining equipment.

Also some of weapons are being researched during the Exodus, like Polyhydra plasma flak cannon. More and more weapons influenced by shivan tech will appear the further you are. Even fighterbeams. This one is actually already tabled.

Exile | Shadow Genesis | DA Profile | P3D Profile

MY RELEASED CONTENT SO FAR
Old Conversions | GTSD Anchorage | ORFg Tychicus | GTCa Sagittarius | SCv Scylla | EFC Evangelist | EFFg Solomon | GTL Latona | SC Raguel | PVD Atum | GTCv Eurynome | FractalSpace - Apophysis Skydome Pack | Updated Ancients Models
All of my stuff can be used ONLY in Freespace campaigns and missions.

Veteran modder and graphic designer of all kinds. 3D is my speciality. Feel free to PM me if you looking for a model or other GFX help.

Don't know if it's already part of the campaign, but one of the reasons I could think about is that most of the more advanced craft have been spent on the Syndicate/Federate war and now they have trouble recreating them with post disaster resources.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 10:52:51 am by Nightmare »

Offline CT27

Nyctaeus, thanks for the explanation.  I enjoy reading about the development of Exodus Fleet.

Just to make sure I understand you correctly:  when you say "fighterbeams" is that going to be a beam on fighters just for use against other fighters or would it be helpful against enemy capships too?