Author Topic: THE BLACK HAND - WIP  (Read 8566 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.

The full version 0.9 of "First Steps Into The Abyss" which is the first of the planned ten episodes of The Black Hand is released at Jaunary 16th 2006
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 07:27:19 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline 0rph3u5

First Step into the Abyss - Mission List:
00 - First Steps Into The Abyss
01 - The Very First Night
02 - The Mist
03 - Fox Hole
04 - Suspicous Events
00 - Remembering...
05 - Pearl Divers
06 - Mistaking Is The First Step...
07 - Going Home
00 - Remembering...
08 - Wanderers At Dark Places
09 - Combat Drills
10 - Bloody Cargo
11 - Godess of Secrets
12 - Missing in Action
00 - Nigmare
13 - Psychic Analasys
13b - Liberation
14 - Hall Of Secrets
15 - Orcus
00 - Credits

Odysse - Mission List:
00 - Odysse
01 - Odysseus
02 - Dark Symphony
03a - PSI Cop Training pt 1
03b - PSI Cop Training pt 2
03c - PSI Cop Training pt 3
00 - Hub1
-now it's getting complicated  :D-

Features not included but in work:
logo_psi - Comm ani
capcomm_psi1 - comm ani
capcomm_psi2 - comm ani
psi_logo1 - CB ani
psi_logo2 - CB ani
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 01:13:25 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline 0rph3u5

:shaking:
veryone who downloaded the release before 00:30 GMT + 1 must download it again... Just a minor mistake of mine when creating the campaign file...

==================

Offline Vash

now that would be 357 kb  :p

Offline Vash

seems there s something wrong. ive got no HUD. so when i start the first mission it looks like this.

edit: only in the campaingmode it is this way, in techroom simulator the HUD appears as normal

:yes: excellent campaing . I Only Wish the one from Madaboutgames will work the same as yours  ;). Now Keep them coming they are plenty of stories waiting to get out.

Merry Xmas to All.

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
Yes, I agree with Valorum!  :nod:
A really nice made piece of fiction... and a decent freding work!
But I also have this "missing HUD" problem /at least in campaign mode/  :confused:

Oh, and of course Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to TBP staff and all other fellow FREDers/pilots
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline 0rph3u5

seems there s something wrong. ive got no HUD. so when i start the first mission it looks like this.
edit: only in the campaingmode it is this way, in techroom simulator the HUD appears as normal

I thing I know what this is...
I will try to fix it as soon as I can do.... maybe it is that he takes the no hud from the CSMs into the next mission -at least at your place, I hadn't had that problem but thanks for reporting-

there are still three missions and maybe some fellow stuff still coming before I will start the next Episode of this story in January - Keep watching

==================

I've had the problem but it may be to do with the 3.6.5 build of fred I'm currently using with TBP. It does appear to be disable hud carrying over from the previous mission.

A quick fix is to add the following sexp to each mission following a cutscene:

when
 -true
 -hud-disable

Which reenable the hud as soon as the mission starts.

0rph3u5 I've sent you a pm

Offline 0rph3u5

I've got some good news and some bad news for all who liked TBH - FSitA so far:
The good news is that I'm confident to finish the full 0.9 release of "TBH - First Steps Into The Abyss" during this week and the work on "TBH Odysse" is going to start soon
The bad news is that for some final work on "TBH - FSitA" version 0.9 had had to use a 3.6.7 FRED. Consequence is that you'll have to organize you a 3.6.7 build of fs2_open if you want to play it without any bugs appearing

==================

Offline aipz

Finally I've finished the whole beta demo...
  :):yes: for your work

Although I have some questions/suggestions:

Mission where you capture the artifact from the narns - why aren't there any rockets available....
Taking out cruisers using only 40mm pulses takes quite a long time...

Final mission of the demo - where the shadows want their possesion back - shouldn't all of the shadow craft suddenly disappear? I mean that they got what they wanted and loose their interest for those petty humans /they fighters have jumpdrives after all/...

Just poiting out some small details... They don't impact the gameplay much nor the storyline, but I think they could make your campaign even better...
What do you think about it Orp3u5 ?
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline 0rph3u5

Although I have some questions/suggestions:

Mission where you capture the artifact from the narns - why aren't there any rockets available....
Taking out cruisers using only 40mm pulses takes quite a long time...

Taking down the cruisers is more the job of the Siphron - the first cruiser gets into her front guns fast and the second should face her rear turrets... but if you want missiles: one mission less where "Gamma 1 has no secondary weapons. Should at least be 1" greets me  :D

Final mission of the demo - where the shadows want their possesion back - shouldn't all of the shadow craft suddenly disappear? I mean that they got what they wanted and loose their interest for those petty humans /they fighters have jumpdrives after all/...

they should all diappear.. which ones does not?

Just poiting out some small details... They don't impact the gameplay much nor the storyline, but I think they could make your campaign even better...
What do you think about it Orp3u5 ?

PM me the details... this would delay the release but I'm always open for new ideas...

==================

Offline Azodiak

Hey, that is an awsome campaign. I like it very much... but... urghs, I hate to say it, I can not go through without one major problem: I have to recapture the relict from the Narn cruiser G'Lon but as it explodes, nothing else happens... is there something what I did wrong?  :shaking:

Offline 0rph3u5

I don't think so...
the G'Lon's selfdestruction is scripted.... try to land on the Siprhon (fly into the hangar) and see if the mission ends... if not try to play it again
if you did so and still nothing happens please wait until Sunday  ;)

==================

Offline aipz

If you read the comm lines carefully you will see that the artifact is intact even after the G'Lons selfdestruction...
You have to only protect the destroyer against other Narn ships...
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline Azodiak

There ARE now other narn ships and there ARE no other com messages after the selfdestruction of the G'Lon... and no, I am not able to land... they just dont want to let me enter their hanger again ^^

Hmm.. I wonder if I am stinky?

Offline aipz

:confused:
1. destroy the 2 Th'nor cruisers
2. destroy all the Frazis
3. make sure the Siphron survives (when I fought this mission it had 25% left without any troubles)
4.land to end the mission

"Another fellow pilot"

Offline 0rph3u5

Here comes it as pormissed:
The first part of Maximillian Locke's ten years voyage from a loyal PSI Cop to a man on the run.

http://babcom.henna-boy.co.uk/TheBlackHandEpisode1v0916106.zip
(444 KB - 15 playable missions)

Changes since beta 2.5:
- three new missions
- missing HUDs of 3.6.5 users will be shown again
- cutscene bars have been added in the CSMs

Known bugs:

BUG: In some missions the game crashes and a message with the following lines on top is shown:
required token: $endmultitext
found token: $mirror: 0
REASON: the newer versions Fred 3.6.7 allows you to flip briefing icons.... old builds don't cover this feature
HOW TO SOLVE: Download a newer versions of fs2_open.exe

BUG: In the mission "Combat Drills" the screen turn black suddenly.
REASON: see HOW TO SOLVE
HOW TO SOLVE: there is no way to solve this - it's part of the mission :p

The other coming episodes of The Black Hand will not be released in this patchwork style I did this time....

==================

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
i am stuck on the mission where you have to attach a tracker to the Asgard, i do that, then i presume i fly to the rendezvous beacons, then i isis appears then i asume that i approach it to end the mission, since there are no mission directives after you attach the tracker. but i cannot seem to end the mission, everytime i approach the isis nothing happens, any clues?

i am using build fs2_open_r-20051229.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline 0rph3u5

:lol: :lol: :lol:
An interesting paralell... I stumbeled across that bug just a couple of minutes before I read your post... It's caused by an event which can't become true....
Download a patch for it here:
http://babcom.henna-boy.co.uk/BH1_11_gosPATCH.zip

I'm currently working on the anis and will get a full fixed vp out some time soon....
BTW how did anyone here convert the colored pics from the show into BW-pic? the tools I use don't do that for me....

==================