Author Topic: UV mapping  (Read 1508 times)

Offline --Steve-O--

• I might be the last man on earth to use TS3.2
When building a model can you break it up into like 3 or more chunks, run them individually through Lith to UV map and then texture them, load the chunks back into TS and assemble them into their hierarchy without loosing the UV + texture information?
If so that would be a reason to rejoice, with beer!
"And so they dwelled in filth, on worlds made of dirt and feces, and there they lay until they stumbled into the skies." --the Mad Prophet

Offline Water

When building a model can you break it up into like 3 or more chunks, run them individually through Lith to UV map and then texture them, load the chunks back into TS and assemble them into their hierarchy without loosing the UV + texture information?
If so that would be a reason to rejoice, with beer!

Well yes or ...
Aparently the best way is to assign different materials to different areas in Truespace before letting Lith loose on it. Then you can unwrap parts based on material.

Offline --Steve-O--

• I might be the last man on earth to use TS3.2
AHHH! clever clever

::cracks beer open and rejoices::
"And so they dwelled in filth, on worlds made of dirt and feces, and there they lay until they stumbled into the skies." --the Mad Prophet

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
you can also seperate and modify groups in lith.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline takashi

• Better than TrashMan
http://www.wings3d.com/

best. uvmapping. system. ever.