Author Topic: FS2 Open Launcher 5.5g not remembering anything  (Read 4305 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: FS2 Open Launcher 5.5g not remembering anything
Well, I don't fire up FSO that often, so it's useful for me to be able to see what mod I've had selected etc before launching beyond the red line into previous mods unknown.

Well, I don't fire up FSO that often, so it's useful for me to be able to see what mod I've had selected etc before launching beyond the red line into previous mods unknown.

I know, that's why I said that for people like me who really never change anything, a launcher isn't needed. I guess you only need to use it once and then that's it (so that your preferences can be saved in FreeSpace2\data\cmdline_fso.cfg. Now that I know about this file, I can edit it any time I want to change something, like one or more of my flags or which mod I'm using.
Why do you say "as" instead of "because"?

Offline Yarn

Actually, not all settings are stored in cmdline_fso.cfg. Things like audio device and joystick are stored in the Windows registry, and using a launcher is generally the best way to change such settings.
"Your fighter is running out of oil.  Please check under the hood and add more if necessary"
--strings.tbl, entry 177

"Freespace is very tired.  It is shutting down to get some rest."
--strings.tbl, entry 178

Actually, not all settings are stored in cmdline_fso.cfg. Things like audio device and joystick are stored in the Windows registry, and using a launcher is generally the best way to change such settings.

Thank you. While this is a set-it-and-forget-it thing for me, I'd imagine that some people still might want to change these kind of settings from time to time. So, it was very thoughtful and helpful of you to add this to my thread. So yeah, thank you!
Why do you say "as" instead of "because"?