Author Topic: VeniceMirror official thread!  (Read 24069 times)

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
VeniceMirror official thread!
So finally! I'm making the official thread!

VENICE MIRROR

GTVA yet again is contested, while NTF failed many years ago, and shivans were cut off in Capella, new adversaries arise themselves to fight the exhausted Terran and Vasudan alliance - the Star Alliance!

My work will include:

-New storyline! Post Capella societies must face new dangers, while contact with Earth is still unmade to this day! Not only rebellious Star Alliance threaten the survival of Terrans and Vasudans, old enemies will resurface, but we shall not be alone in this fight...

-New ships! Terran and Vasudan shipwrights build completly new fleets to counter any threat, shivan or not, fly this new marvels of Human enginnering! Or shoot them down! Star Alliance has it's own seperate, unique fleet! (ScoobyDoo's Fleet Pack)

-New weapons! Scientists were not sleeping for all those years, so expect to mount deadly tactical weapons on your fighters! Capital ships were no exception, New weaponry made them deadlier then ever!

-Heavy Shielding! Star Alliance scientist finally found the way to generate capital ship sized shield bubbles! New tactics must be developed in order to fight them! So they were that genius? Or maybe it's another of Ancients legacies...?

-New Aliens! That's right! More aliens to shoot! Or well... maybe they will be one's blasting us...

-Music! Thanks to Belisarius, and other (That's my sweet secret!) mod will be filled with the best music that community has to offer! More immersion, better fun!

-Graphics! That's right! Skyboxes, and backgrounds in heavy amount will fill every mission, but remember to not to stare into them for too long, or those Star Alliance bastards might shoot you off...

-More then just one campaign! Yes! You will get to know the whole of the story, how things happened, why they happened, and what happened after you finished!

So well.... that's for the beginning.

Initial campaign, the Laramis Civil War is under way! the story how Star Alliance was founded in the first place. Maybe you seen or played the missions in development I was uploading.

Have any questions? Maybe you want to help me in development? Just write a PM, or let me know here!

More to come! Work in progress!

Very very long time edit: The recent info on the mod development is more likely to be found on the last pages. (It changed a lot over the course of time).
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 05:36:19 am by TheHound »
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
Re: VeneceMirror official thread!
-reserved-

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
-Music! Thanks to Belisarius, and other (That's my sweet secret!) mod will be filled with the best music that community has to offer! More immersion, better fun!
If the source of music is the same as backgrounds, well... Tnan you have a good taste :D. This looks promising. I'm waiting for more news!

BTW. As for the name, phoenicians were the ones who designed this kind of mirror. Venice Mirror is not a right name.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
I know they don't, and this word is not even the "Correct" one!

I don't want to spoiler! It stays this way! ^^

Only thing I can say, will be: SACa Venece. Nothing more!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 02:32:59 pm by TheHound »

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
Laramis Civil War is beeing worked on.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 04:17:39 am by TheHound »

Offline Luis Dias

So great, a campaign announcement! All the best of luck and preserverance to you :yes:

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
And a couple of old screens.

Right now, I'm looking for a beta testers, if you would be interested, please write me a PM!

EDIT: Screenies should be good now.
EDIT EDIT: Nope, screenies are not good, hosting is evil.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 04:37:09 am by TheHound »

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
I asked my friend who play with graphics to help me.

So here we came up with the logo for the Star Alliance

And for Laramis Supreme Reign

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Those are cool designs, but I would recommend you dial back the gradients. The Star Alliance logo would work much better as a flat graphic, without the faux shading effects, especially if you want to use it as a decal graphic on ships.

As for the Laramis design, again, less is more. The whole brushed metal look is cool, and steely grey is always a nice, classy color, but I think it's overdone. Flattening it out, reducing it to the shapes and linework, would look much better, much "flaggier" for lack of a better term. In addition, the way the colors are set up makes the "Lara" part of Laramis sort of fade into the background, a higher contrast would work better (or moving the text out of the logo altogether).
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
I have star alliance other design, without any shades:

those images are meant for command briefing, so when you play other faction, the standard GTVA insignia don't appear ^^

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yes, but even there, I think it helps to take a look at how the iconography for real organizations looks like. I can understand the desire to make a design that's "cool", that has all the bells and whistles of modern photoshop technology, but you gotta ask yourself: Does this actually look like something a state or state organization would use?
It's like, these are organizations that want to project an image of severity, of dependability and stability; Are those gradients and metal textures timeless, or will they look tacky in a couple years or months? Using stuff like that is fine for a video game company or film studio, they have the freedom to remix their logos every few years or for every release, but for states? States need and want a bit more timelessness, IMHO.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Lorric

I really like these, especially the Star Alliance one. Probably helps that I have a thing about yellow and black, but I really like the Star Alliance one.

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
If you want to watch it in better quality - here it is.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 11:14:10 am by TheHound »

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
My friend came up with two projects for the LSR logo.... but we can't get on the right colours.... any advices?

EDIT: With Labels:

« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 11:25:35 am by TheHound »

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
And the logo for AC

do you need an tester also i can help you out

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
Wrote in PW to you.

As for more teasers, work is progressing, slow, but it's going.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Nereid? Well... Interestimg :). Nice screenshots. May I give You some advice? Don't use nebulas in that big scale. I recommend to not use bigger than 5-6. Also try to use many smaller nebulas to create one nebula from them.

As for logos... Very cool. Does your friend take requests?
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
Betrayal, well, the logos we managed to make, are modified existing logos, so if you have something you like, and want to edit it, then I could arrange that for you, but drawing up from the scratch logo... well, I don't know.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Check Your PMs.