Author Topic: Lighting test for WiH  (Read 49537 times)

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
definitely prefer with p.processing.... incredible
EDIT!!! Sara...can you make a video from inside the cockpit please?

thanks a lot  ;)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 05:30:46 pm by torc »
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline NFSRacer

• Professional aircraft crasher!
    • Steam
500% looks about right for JAD  :lol:

Yeah, no kidding! :ick:
"Said 'It was up to us.  Up to us, to decide.  You've become a virus that eating up it host.  We've been watching you with all our eye, and what you seem to value most.  'So much potential'.  Or so we used to say.  Your greed, self-importance, and your arrogance, you p*** it all away.'" - NIN from Year Zero

Offline crizza

For example, 500% saturation.

On this pic you can actually see the cruisers behind that orion^^

Offline NFSRacer

• Steam
Yeah, you can, but you need to know what you're looking for, else the ships'll look like the asteroids.
"Said 'It was up to us.  Up to us, to decide.  You've become a virus that eating up it host.  We've been watching you with all our eye, and what you seem to value most.  'So much potential'.  Or so we used to say.  Your greed, self-importance, and your arrogance, you p*** it all away.'" - NIN from Year Zero

Offline crizza

Veeeeeeeeeery strange looking asteriods though...;)

Offline NFSRacer

• Steam
Well, duh!  That's because you know what to look for!  You have to think of it in terms of new players or people that have never played the game.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent

War in Heaven by Andy Warhol?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline -Sara-

War in Heaven by Andy Warhol?

War(hol) in Heaven

That should make a few wallpapers. :P
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline NFSRacer

• Steam
Wow.  That's better than when I had to do that in Photoshop!

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
ahahaha that is so awesome
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Is it possible for saturation and contrast levels change during a mission? For example decrease saturation and increase contrast when you hit the burners to simulate an adrenaline rush, or damage when you get hit by a beam etc. could have enormous potential if used in that way.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Yeah, that capability exists.

Offline Kolgena

Are we able to fade the levels though? Sharp changes could look weird.

Also, 5.00 saturation needs a -bloom_intensity 500 to go with it.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I definitely prefer it with postprocessing over without, but I think we can hopefully find a compromise setting that's less desaturated.
Feel free to find a setting you prefer and suggest it. Just tweak post_processing.tbl saturation value, the tbl is in svn. Current saturation value is 0.7. You can try out different contrast values too, but I think 1.1 works best.

Offline Kolgena

It might be just me, but a small amount of desaturation coupled with a moderate boost in contrast helps to control skybox blooming.

Or maybe I'm too distracted by the shiny to notice.

Offline -Norbert-

On this pic you can actually see the cruisers behind that orion^^
Kinda looks like the Orion is smoking a cigar, rather than flying in front of a Fenris/Leviathan  :pimp:

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
please a cockpit vid!  :)
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline -Sara-

Cockpits aren't fully up to quality, not going to deliver a vid of that until something better excists.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
BP needs Diaspora-like cockpits :o

I kid, I kid

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
excuse me sara... i just want to see a vid in first person view without cockpit and hud active... just to see the real feeling compared with a normal game session... excuse my english i am italian... and i want to thank you for your amazing vid....i can't run p.processing in my  notebook...   :(