Author Topic: Star Trek Beyond  (Read 5688 times)

Offline BirdofPrey

• Help! I see GIMP in my sleep
While it isn't saying much, First Contact was the best TNG movie; of course, TNG movies are consistently mediocre.  The movies I consider the best are from the first 6 as are the movies I consider the worst.  The TNG and reboots are firmly in the middle.

Anyways I think the failing of some of the Star trek films is they are trying to be another Wrath of Khan.
Into Darkness ticked all the boxes, as did Nemesis, but neither did it with a decently motivated villian we actually cared about seeing gone.  First Contact also went much the same direction, but at least that had some interesting dynamic and the Borg actually fit as an antagonist to revisit with Picard's Conflict (though, they did kind of both that).

I just hope this new movie isn't just Search for Spock Mk II given they are blowing up the Enterprise.
The Great War ended 30 years ago.
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

In testing: Radar Icons

Offline Luis Dias

The original explosion of the Enterprise in III (and replayed at IV) was so cinematic at the times, I can't speak highly enough of it. I used to redo that scene with my legos many times.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
You could redo that scene in CGI.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

easy there george
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.