Author Topic: Will The Big Bang Theory Continue After Season 10?  (Read 2250 times)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Will The Big Bang Theory Continue After Season 10?
The CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory has garnered continuous successes ever since its premiere in 2007. The show is currently in its ninth season, with a tenth coming next year. However, nothing lasts forever so that at some point we must begin to wonder when this will quit. Now, a member of the central cast, Kunal Nayyar, has explained on the matter, speaking with The Miami Herald, expressing his desire to continue with more seasons beyond the tenth season:

I think we are due to re-up for Season 10. After that, who knows? I hope to continue, but it’s not entirely up to me. Even if we do Season 11 or 12, it’s a very odd sensation this year. We are all feeling quite nostalgic. We’re so close. We have each other’s back. We keep it private on set and really love each other. It’s going to be very hard to adjust to going back to what is normal, since this is my normal, if that makes sense.

So this means that Nayyar himself would like to continue the series beyond its current contract. There’s no evidence to suggest CBS has any intent to end The Big Bang Theory any time soon; the show is a ratings giant, and is currently almost halfway through its historic 3 season renewal – which guarantees that the show will run at least through next season. As Nayyar notes, the decision to renew The Big Bang Theory is very much out of his hands and until they sign on the dotted line, nothing is set in stone.

That does mean that The Big Bang Theory could be more like the live-action version of The Simpsons show, which is to go on forever. Credit must be given where it’s due, the Chuck Lorre sitcom has squeezed every possible drop of comedy out of its initially simplistic premise. What began as a sitcom about socially inept nerds has evolved into a show that can use its characters to provide commentary about modern nerd culture. With TBBT is to continue, I think the characters' commentary about modern nerd culture will include the history 14th July 2015 Pluto flyby, the discovery of Planet Nine, the 2016 US Election, and HLP, and so on.

What do you think?
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Re: Will The Big Bang Theory Continue After Season 10?
I think that you sound like a wanna-be journalist who's gotten confused about what part of the internet he's posting his articles.  This is better than dropping a link and a title and leaving, but I really have to wonder what your intended audience is.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I think that some of your opinions about what people on HLP might want to talk about need reconsidering. :doubt:

Seriously, this sort of thing is what Reddit is for.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
I think you two are unnecessarily rude. 

I love TBBT and hope it continues for a while.  Not forever, because it will start to suck.  It has definitely already changed, and I miss the old style and themes. 
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
This is intended to inform you about The Big Bang Theory, the CBS show which has been running for nearly a decade. Clearly, have you guys watched it?

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Well, I stopped watching the show a while ago, so I have no idea whether it should continue or stop now. Overall, I've enjoyed the show a lot, and even though I got bored with it, I could see myself icking it up again. That being said...

With TBBT is to continue, I think the characters' commentary about modern nerd culture will include the history 14th July 2015 Pluto flyby, the discovery of Planet Nine, the 2016 US Election, and HLP, and so on.
(emphasis mine)
... You have one odd thought process...

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
It should never have been.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Honestly the show really started to bore me after season three. I only watch sporadic episodes of it on TV when there's nothing else on. I think 10 season's is enough for that show.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Funny thing is that the entire plot for TBBT is basically the same as the almost completely forgotten Dweebs. I guess no one was ready for geek chic 20 years ago though.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline watsisname

The show bored me within a single episode.
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
What of Sheldon (Jim Pearsons) and Amy's (Mayim Bialik) relationship? What about Howard's father? I'm sure you guys missed these.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
As someone who has seen maybe 3 episodes of the show before abandoning it as cringeworthy ****e, no, I am pretty sure I haven't missed anything.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
What of Sheldon (Jim Pearsons) and Amy's (Mayim Bialik) relationship? What about Howard's father? I'm sure you guys missed these.

They were tripe. The whole show was. I forced myself through several episodes and it was obviously a mistake. These aren't people. These are caricatures of people. They're ridiculous and boring. If I wanted smart people being smart people I'd go watch Criminal Minds.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
for a subject so many consider uninteresting and unworthy of hallowed HLP posting space, there sure have been a lot of responses to this thread.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I don't think it's the subject so much as the way Bryan posts about it.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter

They were tripe. The whole show was. I forced myself through several episodes and it was obviously a mistake. These aren't people. These are caricatures of people. They're ridiculous and boring. If I wanted smart people being smart people I'd go watch Criminal Minds.
Same thing for Melissa Rauch, whose acting is better in TBBT (at least), but not better for her latest film release, The Bronze, which garnered worst-to-average reviews. Yet her voice is beautiful. I think Jason Scott, writer of FreeSpace, will consider adding her to the voice cast for his next project, the spiritual successor of Descent.
for a subject so many consider uninteresting and unworthy of hallowed HLP posting space, there sure have been a lot of responses to this thread.
I don't think it's the subject so much as the way Bryan posts about it.
This is the subject about TBBT which is significant because of its continued success over the years. Or is not, isn't it?

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Some people like the show, some people hate it. But what is there to discuss here?

If you'd picked an episode which mentioned something near and dear to our hearts, you might have had a point. But at the moment this thread has no point other than to allow people to say how much they dislike the show.

So given that this is just going to end up with bizarre predictions like the one above, I don't see any point in allowing it to continue. Next time, have a point before posting.