Author Topic: Human Settlement of Other Planets  (Read 6381 times)

Offline TwentyPercentCooler

• Operates at 375 kelvin
Re: Human Settlement of Other Planets
EDIT: We can perhaps escape from Earth in any event of something happens to prevent any manned space program from being realized, I mean, there's a looming probability of a Donald Trump presidency. There could be World War III, where any conventional conflict goes nuclear very rapidly, and/or there's social movements that's anti-technology, anti-science, and anti-modern, such as Putinism and Dugin's Eurasianism, which calls for humanity to be "rooted in the soil" without "individual rights" and "technological progress".

Why exactly would a Trump presidency be the end of a manned (US) space program, again?

Trump promises space, tech jobs for Central Florida

“I will free NASA from the restriction of serving primarily as a logistical agency for low Earth-orbit activities,” he told thousands of supporters. “We will instead refocus on space exploration. Under a Trump administration, Florida and America will lead the way into the stars.”

He shovels in rabid anti-Trump **** in pretty much every single post; attempts to reason are probably pointless, although I commend you for attempting it.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Why exactly would a Trump presidency be the end of a manned (US) space program, again?

Aside from the fact his promises aren't worth the air used to speak them, in other speeches he's targeted NASA as a corrupt agency that needs to be pruned several times; it's a recurring theme to rant about the corruption of American science by government whenever someone sends his campaign a science survey.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter

Aside from the fact his promises aren't worth the air used to speak them, in other speeches he's targeted NASA as a corrupt agency that needs to be pruned several times; it's a recurring theme to rant about the corruption of American science by government whenever someone sends his campaign a science survey.

So this is exactly what Trump will actually do. He wants to whip up social movements that's anti-technology, anti-modern, and anti-progress. That's music to his friend Vladimir Putin's ears, as he wants America to depend on Russia. This lends credibility to both Baba Vanga's predicions about the mighty Russia rising as the world's only superpower, as well as Barack Obama being the last US President the world ever sees.

You guys take a look at this. On the blog "The Screaming Pope", there are two reasons to get to Mars, and beyond:

Elon Musk, the billionaire known for PayPal, Tesla and most recently SpaceX hopes to provide service to Mars by 2024 (“Elon Musk’s Plan: Get Human’s to Mars and Beyond,” NYT, 9/27/16).There are two reasons to flee for Mars. The first is, of course, Donald Trump. It’s not just that he might get elected. It’s that you're living on a planet where this could happen. He is one of a long line of illustrious demagogues (Hitler, Mussolini, Idi Amin, Vladimir Putin, Kim Jong-un) who have made the earth what is today, a sputtering anachronism that's going to drown in its own hot air. Who wants to live in a place where you're surrounded by “deplorables?” The second reason to flee for Mars is the millennials. George Romero should make Night of the Living Millennials in which a race of zombies with lifeless eyes speak a modern version of Orwell’s Newspeak, campus agitators posing as victims who have been triggered by the slang word for the female genitalia that begins with c, ends with t and contain the letters u and n. “Will the Left Survive the Millennials” (NYT, 9/23/16) was the title of a recent Op-Ed piece by Lionel Shriver in which she asks the following question: “How did the left in the West come to embrace restriction, censorship and the imposition of an orthodoxy at least as tyrannical as the anti-Communist, pro-Christian conformism I grew up with?” The only problem is that the grass is always greener. Science fiction is rife with depictions of invasions of earth by invidious Martian attackers. There is no guarantee that the red planet will be a blue state.

We are the millenials wanting to leave Earth for Mars and beyond, to keep ourselves save from these "deplorables" under demagogues. "Deplorables" could be Russian Cossacks, pro-Putin/pro-Kremlin/pro-Russia thugs, KKK, anti-tech thugs, etc.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Every time I think it's almost impossible to reach true hyperbole on the dangers of Trump, along comes Bryan See to prove me unequivocally wrong.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
What the hell did I just read.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'm...gonna go drink beer until that starts making sense.  Which will probably happen just as soon as it starts turning all fuzzy and wavey.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Go drink vodka. Between that and Trump being elected president, beer probably isn't gonna cut it. :)

Offline watsisname

I downed generous helpings of bourbon and rum after the events of the last 12 hours.  Tasted good but it didn't help.
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Im waiting for the next Bryan See Trump/Putin spiel, but then he probably hopped on a home made rocket to mars  :P
Too many ideas.....not enough FREDing time!

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Let's laugh at it as long as it's still funny. :) Scott Adams also posted some stuff on his blog that I wished was BS. This included predicting Trump's election. So watch out for outrageous, ridiculous and bizarre claims, because apparently, that's how the world works now...

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
Agreed, Dragon. We must stay away from these "deplorables". These include white supremacists, neo-Nazis, Russian Cossacks, and authoritarian leader Vladimir Putin himself.

In the meantime, there's a thread about NatGeo's Mars TV miniseries, depicting the human exploration of Mars.

And let's get back to settlement of Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune; as well as extrasolar planets.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
I'm...gonna go drink beer until that starts making sense.  Which will probably happen just as soon as it starts turning all fuzzy and wavey.

You will need at least three hamnyurgers inyou to understand Bryan See's posting.

And considering how much he also fearmongers about Vladimir Putin, I always found Hillary Clinton and her syncophants' xenophobic anti-Russia agitation pretty ironic and detrimental to her attempts to pass herself off as a progressive. Vlad's pretty bad, but he didn't have a master plan to steal the election. Listening to some Hillary fans talk about Russia reminded me of right-wing panic over OMG TEH MEXICANZ. It was especially shameful when many of the big liberal opinion outlets like Salon and Vox started uncritically signal-boosting this foolishness.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 11:21:39 pm by Woolie Wool »
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
I understand, Woolie Wool. To paraphrase the slain Boris Nemtsov before his assassination: "If I were afraid of Putin, I wouldn't be in this line of work."

So, if I fearmongers about Putin, I wouldn't be in this line of work here in HLP, and my Masters at my university. I'm actually standing up to him in all ways possible.

EDIT: Do we really want to call for human settlement on other planets, rather than staying on one planet until some extinction event, as Elon Musk argued recently on his drive to back up the entire human race via colonisation of Mars?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 01:20:23 am by Bryan See »

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

So, if I fearmongers about Putin, I wouldn't be in this line of work here in HLP, and my Masters at my university. I'm actually standing up to him in all ways possible.

Is that really a job requirement at HLP?

As for human settlement on other planets, maybe one day, I don't see it happening in our generations. I mean we got probes and small rovers there, but nothing with a serious payload yet, then you have sustainable life support to sustain long term habitation.
Too many ideas.....not enough FREDing time!

Offline Aesaar

I assure you, Vladimir Putin doesn't give a flying **** what some random guy in Malaysia thinks of him.  You're not "standing up to him" in any way.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 06:09:28 pm by Aesaar »

All I know is that

EDIT: Not because of any recent political things, just like, in general. Space!