Author Topic: A mysterious benefactor has leaked me a few secret concepts  (Read 9564 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: A mysterious benefactor has leaked me a few secret concepts
Alrough it looks cool, I'm worried about some things from technical point of view. It's not a problem to asseble the parts using boolean, but the polycount is a different matter. Medusa is as far as I know, the most detailed playable model in current MVPs and she has 17,2k. That's obviously enough for bomber sized ship. Current WiP of NuDragon has 18k faces, but it's not even half of the final model.

So what is estimated final polycount?
...and how multiple NuDragons are gonna affect my framerate :P?
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Look at the wireframe in P3D, the mesh is very, very unoptimized and the real polycount is no doubt far lower than how it is now.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
That's more or less what I'm asking for and a reason why I'm asking. A lot of areas have too much polys, while others are quite okay. The claw in rear part is a nightmare in case of polycount, but at the other side, it looks like the most finished part so far.

I'm interested in estimated final polycount, and what DahBlount is gonna do with this.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline DahBlount

• Alpine ☆ Cancer Tribulation
    • Minecraft
2 things Betrayal
1. I am legitimately not the person modeling this.
2. The reason for the large amount of faces is due to a subsurf modifier and thus, the P3D does not accurately show the final polycount.
<Axem> yet still more insightful than #hard-light

<Axem> jad2.23 will just be cat videos

<DahBlount> So
<DahBlount> JAD2.2 is like that
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> it can be whatever you like!
<DahBlount> A Chocolate Sundae?
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
This style of modelling... Yeah, now it's clear.

I'm wondering if our beloved mysterious benefactor is gonna finish his other projects. I'm sure I've seen "head" of some shivan destroyer somewhere here :P.

Offline DahBlount

• Alpine ☆ Cancer Tribulation
    • Minecraft
Got another update for you guys.

<Axem> yet still more insightful than #hard-light

<Axem> jad2.23 will just be cat videos

<DahBlount> So
<DahBlount> JAD2.2 is like that
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> it can be whatever you like!
<DahBlount> A Chocolate Sundae?
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
:yes: :yes: :yes: