Author Topic: London Police Terror Tactics Change  (Read 671 times)

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
London Police Terror Tactics Change
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/police-tactic-combat-paris-style-attack-003441752.html#fPfCi4J

Ok so the headline grabbing part is that victims of a terror attack will have to wait for armed police to deal with the situation before treatment, on the surface this seems rather ****ty.

but

Quote from: Article above
Dozens of armed officers honed their skills in a training operation in central London on Tuesday, where a group of their colleagues played the part of terrorists. Armed with AK47 assault rifles, but firing blank ammunition, the four men targeted an empty office block, simulating an attack on a shopping centre.

Groups of armed-response police officers were quickly on the scene and pushed their way into the building.

It was a dramatic illustration of that shift in armed police tactics. In the past, those officers would probably have held back at a safe distance and tried to negotiate with any hostage takers. The priority now, though, is to push forward, to confront the threat and stop them killing members of the public.

So while the victims will have to wait, the shift in tactics away from negotiation is going to massively shorten the time between arrival and assault.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art