Author Topic: And some European countries wonder why they have integration issues...  (Read 27921 times)

Offline Mika

Re: And some European countries wonder why they have integration issues...
That's the thing Dragon.

I don't think there will be any more accurate definition for the term, and it indeed is mostly about where the line is drawn (and this depends on the majority of the population). There's just what is usually meant by the term.

By their own terms in their time, Medieval Europe was tolerant, advanced and hard-working. None of these are considered true nowadays, but I suppose they would have weighted the words in an entirely different way.

So there's just what I think is right or wrong, or don't have an opinion about.

"I'm against Fascism!" (pick your favorite ism) type slogans have been meaningless to me for quite some time. Starting from does the sayer know what fascism actually is, and does his own actions look like fascism to me? So I just consider something what hippies want to shout together. The moment they say "I'm against budget cuts", then there's meaning.

Then there's "I'm against oppression of refugees!". What oppression exactly, where, and which refugees? And what are you gonna do about it than shout on the market square? If you think you'd not "oppress" them, by all means take one at home. I'd be supporting that really, and it would solve most of the arguments regarding the refugee housing, integration and then the neo-nazis would lose their ground. It's just that there's usually very few takers on these ones... Not even the "tolerant" ones will do it.

So I'll lift my hat to the people who actually have housed refugees at their home, I honestly don't think I'd be able to do that. But then again, it is not me asking the society to pay the bills of my dream world.

Then there's the funny part where you are advocating different kind of nastiness by allowing a bunch of people to live with relaxed legalization, and the said bunch itself starts to be nasty towards a minority in your country, a.k.a. Sweden. The thing I'm talking about is rise of anti-semitism, which is attributed to the influx of muslims.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 09:23:42 am by Mika »
Relaxed movement is always more effective than forced movement.

Thanks for dealing with this stuff in the right way. Shop owner should get a rise for alerting the police and the AT squad a commendation for prompt response. No surprise they are originally from the well-integrating Netherlands. As they have been from well-integrating Sweden, well-integrating Germany, well-integrating France, well-integrating UK...  :lol:

Two things: Two arabs from the Netherlands buying a gun in poland is about as much an indication of how "well integrating" the dutch are as Anders Breivik is an indication of the xenophobia of the Swedes.
Secondly: Where did you get the notion that France and the UK are "well integrating?" They really don't have the reputation for that - Especially France. The riots back in 2005 should have been a pretty clear indicator.

If you didn't realize it, you are also advocating inequality with this. You're basically saying that the dudes coming here are better citizens as they clearly should be governed by different laws.

I have absolutely no idea how you got this notion from anyone in this thread.