Author Topic: Carrie Fisher passes away, drowned in moonlight, strangled by her own bra.  (Read 4125 times)

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Carrie Fisher passes away, drowned in moonlight, strangled by her own bra.
I had a feeling we would be receiving this news pretty fast after the news of her in-air heart attack circulated around the world. It still struck me pretty deeply.

She will be missed.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: Carrie Fisher passes away, drowned in moonlight, strangled by her own bra.
I am going to find a way to ****ing murder a calendar year, so help me God.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
First Han Solo and now Princess Leia? Bummer, I'm really glad this year will soon be over. Here's to hope 2017 will be better (it's not that it's a high bar to clear, but the overall tendency has recently been distressing...).

This isn't gonna be good for Episode VIII, at any rate. Leia is the last character I'd want to see a bridge dropped on, but I don't see anyone else in that role, either...
Try blasting it to oblivion. Four days and the entire planet will start shooting rockets at it. That'll show it.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
This isn't gonna be good for Episode VIII, at any rate. Leia is the last character I'd want to see a bridge dropped on, but I don't see anyone else in that role, either...

I recall there's an article that said she'd finished filming her role for EP 8, it'll be EP 9 that might have problems.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
 :( :( :(

I recall there's an article that said she'd finished filming her role for EP 8, it'll be EP 9 that might have problems.

They might go with the Sarah Jane route, she's alive somewhere, just not the focus anymore.
Everything will hinge on what is actually her role in ep VIII, that will ultimately determine how she will be written out in epIX.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter

I'll help.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
I vote for shoving it down a black hole so it'll be compacted, never to return.

Show all other years that are thinking about it who's boss.

The sad thing I see, is that Harrison has wanted out of SW since ESB, I've never seen Carrie really complain about reprising her role.
Then we lose R2, then Leia out of the original cast. 
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
And now her mother Debbie Reynolds is gone.  ****ing dammit.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=lZ97s396kb0

Saw this on Twitter, it's everything great about Carrie Fisher - at least, her public persona.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Fortunately they still got some time to rewrite the scenario (don't think any serious filming on EP9 has already started), so hopefully they'll find a way to work around that (though a suitable sendoff is probably too much to ask for). One thing's for sure, it'll never be as good as it would have been with her around.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
It'll likely be a "Damn!  She was aboard that ship that just got blow up."
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I sincerely doubt they'd do anything that distasteful.  The far more likely option is to simply have Leia pass away between the films, and then acknowledge that fact on-screen.

Open the film with her funeral.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Can we at least name a ship after her? A destroyer, a cruiser, a corvette, a frigate, a battleship, a carrier, a frigate or a transport? Maybe we can see a lot of action against both Trump and Putin.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Can we at least name a ship after her? A destroyer, a cruiser, a corvette, a frigate, a battleship, a carrier, a frigate or a transport? Maybe we can see a lot of action against both Trump and Putin.

Bryan, Trump and Putin are not relevant to every single topic on this site, especially not threads about the death of a beloved actress. Learn how context works, please.

Seriously, this is the last warning for you. Any subsequent post of yours that brings up Trump or Putin in a context not related to either will be deleted.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Open the film with her funeral.
That sounds like it'd be a good idea. Describing the undoubtedly impressive and dramatic sacrifice that led to it can be left to be fully described in the a novelization. She deserves nothing less than that, especially after how Han went down.

As much as this might sound weird, I feel like the brave sacrifice is an over-used trope in science fiction. Why not let her die of natural causes? It only means she goes out in the same way as Yoda and Laura Roslin. That's not a bad place to be.

Offline Luis Dias

I agree with Joshua.

Make some character mention "something about moonlight and a ... bra?"

Making it into some giant space battle would be tacky as **** tbqh
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
As much as this might sound weird, I feel like the brave sacrifice is an over-used trope in science fiction.
That's OK, SW thrives on old, overused tropes. :) We know it's cliché, most of OT is at this point (albeit mostly due to everyone ripping off/parodying/referencing it). In fact, heroic sacrifice is one of the oldest tropes known to man. Doesn't change the fact that done right, it can be as effective as it was in ancient times.

Death of natural causes wouldn't do it, if only because she wasn't that old. Remember, Luke is her twin brother and still in good health. Humans in SW universe can probably live over well 100 if nothing happens to them. In TFA both Luke and Leia were about 50 at most. Yoda eventually died of old age, but he was ancient even at the time of Episode 1 (not to mention living on a planet with no technology to speak of).