Author Topic: Carrie Fisher passes away, drowned in moonlight, strangled by her own bra.  (Read 4127 times)

Re: Carrie Fisher passes away, drowned in moonlight, strangled by her own bra.
OT was cliche by design. It's not cliche because everyone copied it, it's cliche because it copied everything else.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
Speculation about what to do with Leia seems pretty pointless unless one knows VIII and roughly what's supposed to happen in IX. I mean, that's what it depends on. Maybe she simply dies in VIII already, or maybe she's integral enough to IX that it's better to use CGI or a Fisher lookalike than to write her out between the films. Who knows. They should just do whatever the story demands, if it's achievable.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
As I understand it, Fisher had completed filming Episode 8. I'm going to assume that they'll add her death to Ep 8 and deal with its ramifications in 9.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Carrie Fisher's ashes carried in Prozac-shaped urn - BBC News

Charming, to the last...

As far as the continuation of Star Wars goes, well, Episode 8 is in post-production with all filming done, but of course Episode 9 is probably still in pre-production, and clearly they now have the unenviable task of making a decision on whether the role can be re-cast, produced digitally, or written out in a respectable way (depending on what the conclusion of Episode 8 is).

Presuming Leia is still alive at the end of Episode 8, then it might actually be best to orchestrate the character's death either between the films or right at the beginning, played with either a real actor or a body double with digital alterations, and have that serve as a motivating factor for the rest of the characters.

Or, you know, it wouldn't be completely out of place to have her appear in the beginning of the film, only to die from completely mundane causes. Like a heart attack when out of reach of medical assistance. It's not that far-fetched, after all.

Even that could be used to tie in some kind of Force-powered farewell between Luke and Leia, or something.

Mostly, though, I don't really care what they decide to do as long as they make right by her memory and come up with a respectful solution (both for the actor and the film series).

Though I have a feeling Carrie Fisher herself actually might have appreciated something silly like "Princess Leia died on her way back to her home planet" or something similarly amusing, but it just doesn't quite fit with the rest of Star Wars franchise...
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Use original Trilogy footage to generate a force-ghost for her at some point.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Though I have a feeling Carrie Fisher herself actually might have appreciated something silly like "Princess Leia died on her way back to her home planet" or something similarly amusing, but it just doesn't quite fit with the rest of Star Wars franchise...
That one would be kind of hard, what with it being blown to pieces in the very first movie of the franchise. Though I guess she'd have liked something of that sort.

She was signed up for Episode 9, so I presume she did survive Episode 8. Of course, she could've been signed up to appear in flashbacks or as a Force ghost, but I don't think they planned to kill her off just yet. I guess we have to wait and see. I really hope they don't bungle it or "drop a bridge" on her.