Author Topic: Sweet 16?!  (Read 1871 times)

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Yowzer, this place is old! Happy HLP Day, people. What's happening? :)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Apparently, we're getting HLP its driver's license.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

We're teaching it stick then, automatics are for plebs.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
16?

Damn. Seems like anything I'm told makes me feel old as of late.
Wonder why :p
el hombre vicio...

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
SETEKH!

Develop 3D software with me. PLEEEASE.

Was just thinking about you the other day man, hope all is well with you. :) What're you doing for a living these days? Last I remember it was photography or something like that?

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
SETEKH!

Develop 3D software with me. PLEEEASE.

Was just thinking about you the other day man, hope all is well with you. :) What're you doing for a living these days? Last I remember it was photography or something like that?

Haha, photography was always one of my favourite hobbies but I haven't had much time to do that since I have three kids now :) As for what I actually do, this might be the best explanation:

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/eddie-woo-celebrity-maths-teacher-on-how-to-get-smart-kids-into-teaching-20161102-gsg3yo.html
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Dude, is that you? Subscribed. ;) That's awesome that you're into teaching as well!! I teach 3D printing and 3D modeling at makerspaces in the US. I feel like I've been drawn to teaching as well. :) You're so right about teaching being a performance. You've got a great classroom presence. Also, whoa, 3 kids - that's a lot! Glad things are going well for you! :)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 10:52:02 pm by Unknown Target »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Great to see you, Setekh!

Yeah, what UT said about 3D software.  Didn't you once have a custom-built program that you used to create your Hard Light Array renders?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam

We're teaching it stick then, automatics are for plebs.

QFT

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Automatics may be for plebs, but now auto makers are ceasing the production of manual transmissions altogether, even as an option. Guess that means there's going to be a new market for after market custom transmissions. Also, Happy Birthday, HLP.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
"Automatics are for sissies" is the automotive equivalent of "do you even lift bro?"

If you enjoy driving them more that's fine, but to pretend they are wholly superior in this day and age is stupid.  I'll be damned if I'm going to give myself a leg cramp balancing the clutch in the bridge tunnel backup every day.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
!6 years already? time flies fast....
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
I can think HLP is hot, but need to wait 2 years to do anything. Crap, I made this weird. And yes my 16 years here is coming up soon which is likely the longest I've ever been on any site ever. Maybe my Hotmail is older.