Author Topic: Star Wars: The Last Jedi 1st trailer!  (Read 2453 times)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Star Wars: The Last Jedi 1st trailer!

Looks like HLPers are waiting for.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi 1st trailer!
Very interesting, it seems Luke isn't so enthusiastic about this Jedi gig anymore.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
After they had shown in Rogue One that ditching the formula can produce good results, the trailer for Episode VIII goes back to same for establishing shots as the first Episode VII trailer... Implications, implications...
(I mean it was clear that they are going back to the heroic template for the main line of movies but still ...)

Blame it on the fact that I've been doing raid prep in Destiny all evening but the trailer kinda fails to register with me...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Very interesting, it seems Luke isn't so enthusiastic about this Jedi gig anymore.

Luke got old.  That means that Luke got cranky.  He really just wants Rey to get off his ****ing lawn.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
Didn't you guys know about the space battle between Resistance ships and First Order forces above an unknown planet?

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Looks like they added some next-gen A Wings and rebel capital ships that appear to be the unfortunate progeny of a Nebulon-B and the CR90.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Luis Dias

I'm bored by Star Wars.

A sentence I hadn't predicted would ever be written by me.

I'm bored by Star Wars.

Annual film releases will do that.  That's why I'm sticking to the main series episodes, to stave off the boredom.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Looks like they added some next-gen A Wings and rebel capital ships that appear to be the unfortunate progeny of a Nebulon-B and the CR90.
Could be some Galactic Civil War-era A-Wings? And what of Resistance capital ships that you describe as "the unfortunate progeny of a Nebulon-B and the CR90"?

Can you guys tell me about the planets to be featured in TLJ?

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'm bored by Star Wars.

Annual film releases will do that.  That's why I'm sticking to the main series episodes, to stave off the boredom.
You're missing out then.  Rogue One was fantastic.

Offline Luis Dias

Fantastic? lol. What a ****ing bore.

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
I dunno, we are basically getting the Expanded Universe but with actual coordination between writers instead of the weird hodgepodge there was in the 90s.
It's almost like reliving a better version of my teenage years.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

it's the expanded universe where **** actually happens to the primary cast
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Fantastic? lol. What a ****ing bore.

Seriously? I walked out of the cinema the first time I saw Rogue One thinking it might be my favourite SW movie, and now that I've seen it twice more... That suspicion is only firming up. It's hard to take off the nostalgia goggles for the OT, but I thought Rogue One was an amazing Star Wars film. So much so that, based on it vs TFA, if I ever decided to do what Blue Flames is doing, and skipping every second movie, I'd skip the episodes rather than the anthologies.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Rogue One was definitely a far better film that The Force Awakens. It managed to link to the OT we loved so dearly but give us new stuff. TFA on the other hand had good characters but the plot was a boring and contrived series of coincidences, which strained credulity even if you didn't know the events of the OT.

Where RO suffered somewhat was in its characters. It's rather disappointing that the robot managed to have more personality than the rest of the cast put together.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]