Author Topic: Exile - Discussion  (Read 4370 times)

yes i was able to continue only soundtrack errot

Offline Nyctaeus

• Betrayal is his middle name
  • I speak polgrish!
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
We're closing in to 1.2 patch so we will investigate that on the occasion.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | DA Profile | P3D Profile

MY RELEASED CONTENT SO FAR
Old Conversions | GTSD Anchorage | ORFg Tychicus | GTCa Sagittarius | SCv Scylla | EFC Evangelist | EFFg Solomon | GTL Latona | SC Raguel | PVD Atum | GTCv Eurynome | FractalSpace - Apophysis Skydome Pack | Updated Ancients Models
All of my stuff can be used ONLY in Freespace campaigns and missions.

Veteran modder and graphic designer of all kinds. 3D is my speciality. Feel free to PM me if you looking for a model or other GFX help.

This is because Exile-mus.tbm has a duplicate #SoundTrackEnd at line 111(Soundtrack Ex06: Malia). There was a parsing bug in 3.8 that actually let FSO continue parsing after a double #SoundTrackEnd that was fixed in nightlies.

You need to remove one of the #SoundTrackEnds if you want the rest of the -mus.tbm to do anything at all.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline Nyctaeus

• I speak polgrish!
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I uploaded fix of this on Knossos called 1.0.2. I hope it works.

Old Conversions | GTSD Anchorage | ORFg Tychicus | GTCa Sagittarius | SCv Scylla | EFC Evangelist | EFFg Solomon | GTL Latona | SC Raguel | PVD Atum | GTCv Eurynome | FractalSpace - Apophysis Skydome Pack | Updated Ancients Models

Veteran modder and graphic designer of all kinds. 3D is my speciality. Feel free to PM me if you looking for a model or other GFX help.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 02:58:30 am by woutersmits »

Offline Nyctaeus

• I speak polgrish!
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Copy your pilot files and try to reinstall whole thing.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 04:43:32 am by woutersmits »

Offline Nyctaeus

• I speak polgrish!
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Or this something on my end, because I screwed up something during re-upload. I will take a look later.

This campaign was really enjoyable! Cool cutscenes and the missions were challenging enough to play. However, I also recommend a "skip cutscene" option in a future episode without having to use the time compression thing ingame. I also loved the ship design for both terran factions, especially the wing commander ships :)

Offline Nyctaeus

• I speak polgrish!
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Thank you :]. We have skip cutscene option planned. Patch 1.2 will be released very soon, so it may be present in next revision.

Well you could add

key-pressed "whatever"
set-time-compression "x64"
fade-out

mission time "whatever"
reset-time-compression
fade-in

or something like that :drevil:

Offline Nyctaeus

• I speak polgrish!
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Well you could add

key-pressed "whatever"
set-time-compression "x64"
fade-out

mission time "whatever"
reset-time-compression
fade-in

or something like that :drevil:
It's exactly what I proposed for co-leader, but his understanding is... Heh, limited at this time o___O. In fact, even current version of Exile will reset time compression when cutscene ends.

Offline Macielos

It's not limited, it's simply realistic :P.

Using time compression is one way to do it, but there are several problems with this approach, for instance the message window script has a minimal time per message regardless the time compression, so when you skip a cutscene, all the messages are enqueued and displayed slowly through some time after the cutscene.

We'll think what we can do about it.

Messages in cutscenes? Don't they use subtitles that can be cleaned with a SEXP?

Offline Macielos

Nevermind, I figured it out. The delay was caused by message beeps. When I silenced them, the messages get passed normally and do not stack when the cutscene is over. So Exile 1.2 will have skippable cutscenes :).