Author Topic: Exile - Introduction  (Read 10175 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• Betrayal is his middle name
  • I create cool things! Or at least I think so :P
    • Exile
Exile - Introduction

Exile - Act I: Into the Dark Waters

'I do not fear the destroyers, my friend. I don't blame them for what they did to us during the Great War. I know they were designed simply to destroy, and... I didn't find their actions evil as they are not devilish by nature, as most of us see them. I rather see them as a tool. Maybe even a key to our bright future, to grant humanity with power greater than we could ever dream of. I give you this key, my friend. I give you all that we archived since we first encountered the Shivans in Ross 128 in 2335, and one day I will want it back. And I will want it back... enhanced'

Admiral Marcus Rossendarch, GTD Holmgard, 2337

'We knew that some day they would find a way to our isolated homeworld. But instead of preparing for their arrival, Galactic Terran Alliance and its successor - Earth Federated Nations - fell more and more deeply into corruption and stagnation. A dying superpower lead by miracles of its former glory and torn apart by opposing groups of interests exploiting the outer planets. We had no other choice but to rebel. We created our own future by challenging those who kept our colonies enslaved. If Earthers are not prepared to defend us from the Shivans, we will find our own way. And we will find it no matter the cost'
Fleetmaster Christian Glenzmann, ORD Thor, on the origins of Outer Rim Syndicate, 2342

'...Their legacy is magnificent. It is the path to our promised land, offered to us who have passed the trials of the divine ones. Through the cacophony of our quest and our suffering, our faith and perseverance alone have brought us here. Once we traverse the path, the galaxy shall be returned to silence - those who do not embrace the gifts of God will not gain salvation. However, God is generous. He provides us with strength to gather our brethren before we make our final voyage. People, rejoice! We now stand at Heaven's door! We have not given up, and we have been rewarded for our faith. Do not let it waver! May the light of salvation watch over us!'
Muhammad Al-Zardari, ORS High Magistrate, "At Heaven's Door", 2367

'What if every tactics used, every strategy deployed, every single resource spent against the enemy... What if all we have to save our home... Is not enough?'
Unknown, 2367

Exile is complete modification to Freespace 2 Source Code Project and fan-made continuation of official storyline. It a complex mod designed to extend every aspect of the game.

- FOLLOW THE PATH -
Exile is direct continuation of events from classic Freespace 2 game, from perspective of Sol pilot. Join the Outer Rim Syndicate, an unique faction and a colonial superpower established to confront Earth Federated Nations - Galactic Terran Alliance corrupted successor. Face off the Shivan armada that invaded Sol system after strange subspace cataclysm in 2367. You will fight, you will suffer, you will be terrified and exhausted but... Will you win? Outcome of this war may be different than you ever imagined...

- CREATE HISTORY -
Experiance first act of the saga - Into the Dark Waters. Exile is planned as an outstanding four-act-long history, independent from any other fan-made continuation. Experience gehenna of war without chances, explore unknown systems, face off intrigues, discover ancient forgotten secrets and confront the darkness of your own people...

- SPECTACULAR GAMEPLAY -
25 action-packed missions and cutscenes with varied gameplay, from patrols to massive space battles. Make choices that will shape humanity's future and be prepared to face their consequences. Fight with minimal logistic support on planet orbits, inside gas giants, nebulae and in dark, unknown realms of space far beyond anything you know. Enjoy new types of missions with unique mechanics never seen in any campaign before. Confront our old nemesis with Fury's AI with a fleet of new ships and arsenal of tremendous weapons.

- BREATHTAKING VISUALS -
Experience campaign of the best possible visual quality, made in age of FSO 3.7.3 and MediaVPs 2014. Exile is a complete mod of outstanding size, with plenty of new models, effects, backgrounds, music, sounds and much more!

More info coming soon :D!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 07:46:46 pm by Betrayal »
MY PRODUCTIONS
- Exile
- Shadow Genesis

MY RELEASED CONTENT SO FAR
Old Conversions | GTSD Anchorage | ORFg Tychicus | GTCa Sagittarius | SCv Scylla | EFC Evangelist | EFFg Solomon | GTL Latona | SC Raguel | PVD Atum | GTCv Eurynome | FractalSpace - Apophysis Skydome Pack
All of my stuff can be used ONLY in Freespace campaigns and missions.

CURRENT PROJECTS
SMT Skade | EAD Lindos | GTSC Schrodinger

Want to know what's coming? Check my WIP Mods Thread!

I used to be known here as Betrayal. I'm 3D Modeller, Texture Artist, Model Converter, General Modder, Tabeler, Storyline Consultant and Wiki Maintainer. Sorry for my bad english.

My p3d account

Offline Lorric

Re: Exile - Introduction
I wonder how long it's been since we first started hearing of this "Mystery Project?" Feels like well over a year, is that right? I hope it is a success. :nod:

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
ITS ALIIIIIIIVE!!!11!1!1one!1
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Nyctaeus

• Exile
I wonder how long it's been since we first started hearing of this "Mystery Project?" Feels like well over a year, is that right? I hope it is a success. :nod:
Something like that. After a lot of troubles, we are on the last lap.

It's time to rid off the "mystery" tag from this project. Or, at least, partially :P
MY PRODUCTIONS
- Exile
- Shadow Genesis

Old Conversions | GTSD Anchorage | ORFg Tychicus | GTCa Sagittarius | SCv Scylla | EFC Evangelist | EFFg Solomon | GTL Latona | SC Raguel | PVD Atum | GTCv Eurynome | FractalSpace - Apophysis Skydome Pack

CURRENT PROJECTS

I used to be known here as Betrayal. I'm 3D Modeller, Texture Artist, Model Converter, General Modder, Tabeler, Storyline Consultant and Wiki Maintainer. Sorry for my bad english.

My p3d account

Offline eicca

Definitely intrigued! Is it voice-acted?

Offline Nyctaeus

• Exile
First release of Into the Dark Waters has no VA, but we don't deny it at all :P. Mostly because we are focusing on cool and bug-free gameplay. So VA is possible in the future :P
MY PRODUCTIONS
- Exile
- Shadow Genesis

CURRENT PROJECTS

My p3d account

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
Well... my interest is clearly piked  ;7

Come at me bro!
el hombre vicio...

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• Mister Subspace Strikes
    • Twitter
my interest is clearly piked
so violent
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Crashdown117

• You can't take the sky from me
    • Steam
Just drooling on my keyboard right now ;)
"Flying is easy, landing is hard" - Delta-07

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Vidmaster likes this, though he would probably like it even more when voice acted :-0
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).
Wears a button labled "Gaming, GameDesigning, StoryWriting. Take your pick".

Offline Nyctaeus

• Exile
Vidmaster likes this, though he would probably like it even more when voice acted :-0
Believe me, me too :P. Cool storyline, shiny models and good missions must be enough for now. I hope you will like it :D
MY PRODUCTIONS
- Exile
- Shadow Genesis

CURRENT PROJECTS

My p3d account

Offline CT27

This looks cool and I'll certainly play it when it comes out. :)

VA would be good too, however, my advice would be to do the regular campaign first and maybe have version 2.0 down the road have voice acting.

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
I want to play it! Looking forward to it :)
I am a revolutionary.

Online Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Visionary modder and coder
    • Twitter
Wanting to collaborate or working on it. Looking forward, though! :)

Anyway, I've got a mod started in December 2014, when can I host it?
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Campaigns:
FreeSpace: Reunited - Shattered Stars

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Offline Nyctaeus

• Exile
Wanting to collaborate or working on it. Looking forward, though! :)

Anyway, I've got a mod started in December 2014, when can I host it?
I may PM you if you need your skills :). For now we are full team, have proper beta-testers and not recruting new team members.

You can actually post your request in this forum. However in case of Shattered Stars or any other project you have, I don't advise it.

I'm not gonna discourage you :P, but face the truth. I'm here from.... 7 years? I've released tons of stuff, collaborated with numerous people on various projects, and I do a lot of things here. In short, I'm known. Before Exile two projects got hosting here - Frontlines by Black Wolf and Dimensional Eclipse with Droid803 in command. All three of us are old modders with lot of experiance. If HLP Administrators grant somebody's project hosting, it mean trust.

You have two unfinished projects with no stable future, four started models, one finished one thanks to collab with me. I think you need... A little bit more to show yourself as potential project leader of hosted project. It's not my call anyway.

Keep in mind mow many archived projects are here, and the names are Admiral Nelson, Galemp, Shiv etc. Modders older than me, all well known. HLP high rulers are your friends, but I'm fully aware why they are quite cautious at granting hosting for new projects.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 10:25:34 am by Betrayal »
MY PRODUCTIONS
- Exile
- Shadow Genesis

CURRENT PROJECTS

My p3d account

Offline CT27

Between this and Shadow Genesis Reborn you're going to have a busy year huh? :)

Offline Macielos

Between this and Shadow Genesis Reborn you're going to have a busy year huh? :)
Well, we already have, we've just kept it secret before :P. But yes, we want to release Exile and then at once switch to Shadow Genesis.

Offline Nyctaeus

• Exile
We will start SG:R immediately, after release of ItDW :). I already prepared a lot of new models for Reborn, including vasudan fleetpack and missile cruiser for Nightmares... And new cyan beams. Cool as f*** beams!

But they have to wait. Important things are... Important :P, and Exile is currently the most important of them.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 10:50:52 pm by Betrayal »
MY PRODUCTIONS
- Exile
- Shadow Genesis

CURRENT PROJECTS

My p3d account

Offline Xelion

• In the Ether
It a complex mod designed to extend every aspect of the game.
VA should be included with the initial release

You will fight, you will suffer, you will be terrified
and you want me to win :shaking:

25 action-packed missions and cutscenes
Is this only one act? The original campaign told a lot of story in 29 missions and if the first act has got just as many missions and you have 4 acts :wtf: that'll make this mod a monster of a story

Experience campaign of the best possible visual quality, made in age of FSO 3.7.3 and MediaVPs 2014. Exile is a complete mod of outstanding size, with plenty of new models, effects, backgrounds, music, sounds and much more!
My expectations are off the scale :P nevertheless I'm still looking forward to this. I've read the fiction so far and it sounds appealing. Make it a good story!