Author Topic: Attention!! FS2 Community please read.  (Read 14225 times)

Offline WeatherOp

• I forged the ban hammer. What about that?
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
Attention!! FS2 Community please read.
Allthough this might be best suited in the FS2 forum or FS2 Modding, I though this would be best served here so all could see.

As of yesterday, the BSG project convention Alpha was leaked to the general public, There is now hundreds or thousands of people with that material. :mad:

We now ask the community, if anyone asks you to make a mission using BSG material, don't. If your help is needed, only Omni or Freelancer will contact you, please reject everyone else. This is a sad day for the BSG project and everyone involved who worked so hard to make that material. Also we ask that if anyone here finds that data to not download it, it is in a very buggy shape, and was not intended to be used by the public. Please wait for the official demo.
Decent Blacksmith, Master procrastinator.

PHD in the field of Almost Finishing Projects.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Re: Attention!! FS2 Community please read.
Thread stuck for the time being. This is important enough to warrent it I feel.

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
You had a convention? :wtf:

Edit: *has a look at seeds, leechers at other places*
Hmm, things aren't too bad yet by the looks of it.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 01:20:50 pm by vyper »
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline WeatherOp

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
I've asked someone I know at Syfyportal to keep an eye out for this, in case chatter of it spreads to their BSG forums - basically so he can make sure everyone knows what's really going on.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Ok, that's how we can not cause further harm... how can we help?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Well I've already offered to help them until they've got a demo out to replace the ****ty pre-alpha. Anything they can do to get a demo out as fast as possible has to help. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

well, here is the dea: nothing was ever 'leaked'. He just distributed material without our permission. Despite this we are all resetting out passwords and redoing access permissions just in case....

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
damn that must suck. if its any consolation i bet its not nearly as buggy as the nukemod beta :D
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Damn, that sucks :( Was it the guy you gave the CD to for the convention thing?

Is there any way the rest of us can help as well?

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Front paged. You have our full support.
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline WeatherOp

Luckily we did find out that the one up for download was the Con demo and not the more updated stuff. As the Con demo didn't have the updated textures, effects and was made to run well. However we did get some good news yesterday tho. :D

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
However we did get some good news yesterday tho. :D
What?! Your squad of hitmen caught the guy responsible and pulled his underwear over his head? Way to go mercs! :yes:

But seriously, people who leak and/or distribute pre-release stuff should have their arses kicked from here to Capella dust cloud...
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Edit : n/m, misread his link

He's bloody out of order though, I feel sorry for you guys.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 03:44:48 pm by Flipside »

Offline Nuclear1

Well, it seems as if things are starting to cool down. It seems that some of the BSG fans are realizing bschott's mistake and are apologizing to the Reimagined team. All we really need is to hear from bschott and what he has to say about it.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline WeatherOp

Well, it seems as if things are starting to cool down. It seems that some of the BSG fans are realizing bschott's mistake and are apologizing to the Reimagined team. All we really need is to hear from bschott and what he has to say about it.

Yeah, I think this has served it's purpose, a big thanks for the news post and sticky and all the other thoughts, from the BSG team. ;)

after he sees all 2527 new messages in his hotmail inbox I think he is going to crap his pants
(inside joke)

the BSG staff knows what I am talking about :)

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Inside jokes !FTW - share it ***** :p

Ok, that's how we can not cause further harm... how can we help?

DO NOT OFFER SUPPORT FOR THE MOD. any technical difficulties are as is. if they need help on that level for the mod, go forum hunting imo.... other than that its up to u guys.

Luckily we did find out that the one up for download was the Con demo and not the more updated stuff. As the Con demo didn't have the updated textures, effects and was made to run well. However we did get some good news yesterday tho. :D

DUDE WTF DO U KNOW THAT I DONT LOL?!