Author Topic: PSC2 on Ubuntu/Linux  (Read 1893 times)

Offline cahdoge

• Is a lubricated bug a butterfly?
I'm using Linux as OS for modding.
So I would like to know if there is a PCS2 version for Linux.
Understanding do you me?

There's no Linux version of FRED, so you're not going to get far with modding anyway.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter
There is a version of PCS2 for Linux, but it's notoriously difficult to compile (iirc, a binary release of PCS2 doesn't exist for Linux).  The Windows version, however, seems to work passably in WINE.
----
My Bandcamp | Discord: Kopachris#0001 | My GitHub

Offline cahdoge

• Is a lubricated bug a butterfly?
thanks for the information
Understanding do you me?

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I've got PCS2 running on Mint13 & Centos6 without too many dramas.  See here for some details:

http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Fs2_open_on_Linux/Compiling_PCS2

Only issues I've had are

1) it crashed a fair bit with certain POFs (like the mediavps_2014 Artemis), but not all the time
2) I don't see any textures, but I don't know if that's how its really supposed to work or not (not a modeller! :))
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
I've got PCS2 running on Mint13 & Centos6 without too many dramas.  See here for some details:

http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Fs2_open_on_Linux/Compiling_PCS2

Only issues I've had are

1) it crashed a fair bit with certain POFs (like the mediavps_2014 Artemis), but not all the time
2) I don't see any textures, but I don't know if that's how its really supposed to work or not (not a modeller! :))

there is a whole complicated thing for loading textures IIRC, you might have to configure it manually.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together