Author Topic: Wings of Dawn Lore  (Read 6287 times)

Offline Gray113

• There comes a time when the odds are against you,

To put this into perspective for those less historically inclined, imagine what would happen today if the Queen of England had died leading part of an EU military force from the front, under the overall command of a German field marshal.

That made me laugh, I would love to live in a world where that happened, just to hear the howls of outrage  :D

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
Oh, of course I get a new response while writing. Hey Gray.

I would worry about his subordinates though, if Dylatov is indeed served up as a sacrifice to the aggrieved branches would his immediate subordinates follow? Not to mention the effect on the officers of the fleet dealing with the stigma of disgrace

I can answer only this, ATM. No, they would neither be prosecuted nor stigmatised (with the possible exception of the light forces commanders who did the 'explaining' of the situation to the Governor, and that really depands on how they went about doing that). Everyone else was following legal orders. The Branches would have...issues with the man giving the orders.
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Online Spoon

• ♪ ♬ ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ ♬ 淫画
<Amazing picture>
<Words>

Disclaimer: the above are based on discussions I've had with Spoon and earlier material he had written and published on the forums. If anything needs to be retconned, his word goes.
Confirming this is all true

Well done on the story; I loved it. Hopefully it can go into WoD as some sort of (nu)techroom room entry, maybe even form the basis of a player campaign. Thank you
I actually ended up removing the extra scripted, journal part of the main menu (or to be more precise, asked Axem to do it). Because I had issues coming up with stuff to fill it with... (Unlike Enioch, I'm not much of a writer)
Good forward thinking on my end.

A campaign would defintely be interesting, but hey, I should probably focus on trying to get episode 2 out of the door sometime...
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Enioch

A campaign would defintely be interesting, but hey, I should probably focus on trying to get episode 2 out of the door sometime...

Yes.

Yes you should, Spoon-senpai.

Anytime now.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
:lol:  Yes, episode 2 definitely has priority!  Maybe someone outside the core team could try it  ;7
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Linux OBS Packages: FSO 3.7.0 | FSO BP Build | wxLauncher (?) | PCS2 (?) | wxVPView (?)
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

I'm pretty swamped rn (mjn if you're reading this I'm scripting rn, don't execute me), but if no one's gotten to it in a month or two, I could try my hand.

Offline Enioch

Again: apologies, but I'm both swamped and burnt out for this week. There are some emotional scenes coming up, and I want to do them justice, so no epilogue this week; but, hopefully, I will be able to give you all three chapterettes next W/E.

Also, having guests over every day makes my head feel like dry cotton.

Offline Lorric

Thanks for letting us know.

Online Spoon

• ♪ ♬ ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ ♬ 淫画
ゆっくりしていって
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them